Scrub, Scrub, Scrub


I love a little bit of pampering (who doesn't?!), I try to make time once a week for a pamper session and in that time, I love nothing more than using a good body scrub. My favourite high street body scrubs are boots extracts and soap & glory. I'm currently using The breakfast scrub, which is a thick, almost toffee scented body scrub. With maple syrup, oats and honey, the scent smells good enough eat and the thick texture is perfect for smoothing and softening dry patches of skin. Saying that, I do prefer soap & glory's pulp friction as I find it creamier and the fruity scent is more to my taste.
Another body scrub I've been using recently is Rituals fortune scrub, a freebie with last months marie claire magazine. Fortune scrub has a sweet orange and cedar scent, which I find to be more unisex than feminine and feels light and non scratchy on the skin. I like it a lot more than I thought I would even though I'm not overly keen on the scent.
Liquid exfoliators seem to be really popular at the moment but now and again I prefer a regular facial exfoliator like Dermalogica's skin prep scrub. This is the only exfoliator I've continually purchased in the past few years as its a great quick fix for my skin. Skin prep scrub is best suited to normal/oily skin types as its a very thick scrub that works to smooth, brighten and mattify the skin. I love using this when my skins looking a little dull and lacklustre, it makes such a difference!
Something I picked up recently and is a little cheat to the list as its not essentially a scrub is the laidbare for richer for porer mask. For richer for porer is a clay based pore minimising mask with exfoliating properties. It contains shea butter for hydration, liquorice to minimise inflammation and rosewater to soothe irritation. I like to use this mask once a week for a deeper cleanse and to soften the skin. Laid bare are a natural brand with no sls or parabens, I'm starting to look into more natural products so this is a nice addition to my skincare stash.


11 comments

  1. I love a good scrub! Never tried one from Soap & Glory but I definitely want to!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should, they're lovely xx

      Delete
  2. I also got the rituals scrub last month in the magazine and I quite like it! Not to harsh and smells good! I also like the sugar scrub from soap and glory!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the sugar scrub is a good one too xx

      Delete
  3. Have to say I love my Dermalogica like you. One I always return to and it’s not too harsh on the skin either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good pamper - but I seem to have less & less time for them. The Rituals fortune scrub was such a great magazine freebie & I really like the S&G Breakfast Scrub its so good
    http://letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the rituals scrub was one of the best magazine freebies in a while xx

      Delete
  5. I've wanted the Breakfast Scrub for ages, got it on my Christmas list :) lovely post xx

    Essie | The Li'l Sparrow

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the Soap and Glory scrubs but Sugar Crush is my favourite.

    P.xx
    GreyWalls

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo