A Skincare Refresh


Hello & happy new year! With a new year comes a new skincare routine. I've added a few new products to my routine recently. My complexion has been a little troublesome in past weeks. I used a product that my skin didn't agree with, resulting in a few painful blemishes. I'm not a massive lush fan but I picked up the tea tree toner to help clear up my skin. Tea tree has anti-bacterial properties and I usually find it does the trick in combating spots.
I use the tea tree water after cleansing, though I don't use it every day as I find it can be slightly drying. It's definitely helping to kick blemishes to the curb. Is it a miracle worker? Well no, but its helping to calm problematic areas and its not pricey either.

After being taken with the matriskin collagen serum, I was really interested in giving the vitamin c serum* a whirl after finding it in my last lovemebeauty box. Its especially good for fighting blemishes due to its anti-inflammatory properties, so I've been slathering it on before my moisturiser. I've found it really helpful in calming my skin and reducing the redness of blemishes. I like that its a lightweight, non-greasy oil, that sinks in quickly. The only downside is the price tag so I'm unsure whether I would buy a full size bottle but for now I'm happy to use this mini version.

Recently I ran out of my algenist eye cream (which was ok but I didnt like it enough to repurchase) so in my quest for looking for something more moisturising, I came across kiehls creamy eye treatment. My under eye area is typically much dryer than the rest of my face but I've seen a real improvement so far in skin texture since using Kiehls. The Kiehls eye cream is extremely hydrating, albeit a bit greasy. It takes a while to sink in, which is okay as in the morning I can mix it with a little concealer and it really helps to apply more smoothly. My under eye area in general is more refined, though I don't rate it for dark circles. For adding some luminosity to my complexion, I've been using Nuxe nuxellence jeunesse youth and radiance revealing care*. Depending on how my skin feels, I either use this before moisturiser or on its own after toner. This is a beige cream that applies colourless, it sinks in fast and leaves my skin smoother, more radiant and my complexion more even. I really like the floral scent, even though I'm not big on scented skincare but Nuxe are one of my favourite skincare brands. I've only been using this a week or two and so far I like how much brighter my skin is looking. Special mention to the twist up top - no more lost lids and the pump is hygienic too!

Do you have any favourite skincare brands?

30 comments

  1. I love spritzing my face with Lush’s tea tree toner when I get out of the shower! It is fab stuff!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked for the Tea Tree Toner when I went into Lush at Christmas, I couldn't see it though and it was manic in there so I'll have to go back. It sounds quite a handy product to have if you're prone to break outs :)
    Amy x A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its nice to have but I think a diluted tea tree oil would also be as good for minor breakouts x

      Delete
  3. I have been thinking of trying the Lush Tea Tree Toner, thanks for your opinion about it and Happy New Year :)

    http://positivelygrand.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kiehl's eye cream is so lovely and rich and I almost look forward to putting it on every morning and evening :o). Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying using it at the mo x

      Delete
  5. I have the tree tea water and it works wonders, great choices :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kiehl's makes such lovely products. I really need to invest in some more from them!

    Happy New Year :)

    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks lovely and I would love to try the toner water.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its a nice product to have x

      Delete
  8. It use to be lush but recently my favourites haven't been working well for my skin.
    My favourites are NUXE and Avene, both brands work really well for my dry skin.
    Lovely post glad you have been enjoying some NUXE too!
    TarteTanya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nuxe and avene are both great brands x

      Delete
  9. Lovely post! The Kiels eye cream sound good but I'm a little put off by it being greasy.

    Kimberley x

    www.kimberleysbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if you really dont like anything greasy then its prob best to avoid x

      Delete
  10. Tea tree water is my newest staple. I love it. It's such good value for money, I use it every day because I have bad skin so I balance it out with Vitamin E products from The Body Shop to keep moisturised. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the body shop do some fab products x

      Delete
  11. I keep a small bottle of the Tea Tree Toner in my handbag as I like to use it during the day to freshen up & keep my skin hydrated. I love it.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the LUSH Tea Tree toner. It helped with my redness x

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Tea Tree water is a complete holy grail product for me! Love the blog.

    I've done something similar on Letters From Bee

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've had a few pesky spots lately and I don't usually get spots! I really want to try the tea tree water.

    Beauty by Alice | Blog | YouTube | xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its good for helping with smaller blemishes x

      Delete
  15. Im sure it s a lovely routine because I really love Nuxe products!
    Happy new Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks helena, you too x

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo