A Week in Beauty #2


I spent last night and this morning giving the blog a little refresh for the new year. I'm hoping to make a few templates and offer them for free at some point, when I have some spare time. I'm not a web designer but I kinda like making them and I'm aiming to create some pretty styles. Anyway on to this weeks beauty favourites.
This week, I spotted one or two reduced items in tkmaxx and both beauty items I picked up have made it to my favourites list. First is the phytokeratine serum for damaged ends. I spotted this for £5 (it currently retails on space nk for £17). I've been looking for something for the ends of my hair - they get quite dry and damaged. I don't really have split ends right now but I think this milky serum will do a good job of repairing the hair. You can use this serum before styling but its perfectly fine to use after too. After a few uses, my hair ends already feels softer and stronger. I have a phyto shampoo currently on my wishlist, I did spot a mask in tk maxx which I'm tempted to buy if I find it again. 


Another tk maxx purchase was Dr Bronner's 18-in-one peppermint pure castile soap. I've heard so many good things about Dr Bronner's magic soaps. This peppermint one smells so good and has been great for washing my makeup brushes with. It cleans them well and leaves my brushes really soft. 
A blush I've returned to using this week is Illamasqua's naked rose matte blush (seen here). This blusher is a winner for a winter flush. It wears well on my skin and is hugely pigmented. I've been applying with sigma's large angled contour f40 brush. Sigma brushes are high quality, with the F40 being super soft. I prefer angled brushes for applying blush as I find the easier to define the cheekbones. the F40 hasn't shed but its lost its shape slightly since being washed several times. A bit of a bummer as these aren't mega cheap.

What are your favourites this week?

13 comments

  1. I really need to buy Dr bronners soap every review about it sounds amazing!

    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh fun products, that sigma brush looks great!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never thought of going to TK Maxx for beauty products. Such a good idea! xx

    Essie | The Li'l Sparrow

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Dr Bronners soap, I picked it up in TK Maxx for around £3 so it was such a bargain, I can't be without it now. It cleans make up brushes so well!

    Beth | BethBlogsBeauty
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the magic soaps in TKMaxx back in March last year however I haven't seen them since. I best pop back in and see if they're back in my local store.
    Amy x A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  6. TK Maxx is such a good shop, so many bargains in there. I really like the look of the Sigma brush :)

    Beauty by Alice | Blog | YouTube | xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the redesign, some templates would be great, I have no idea what I'm doing! I love the sound of the illamasqua blush <3
    http://sparklyghosts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to try the Dr Bronners soap, heard such great things about it! I love finding products in TK Maxx - they always have amazing bargains :) x

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been meaning to try Dr. Bronners products for a while now; we used to sell a range of their stuff in a health shop I used to work in and have heard they're so good for your skin! Need a visit to TKMaxx this week I think, as they're pretty expensive full price! :) Wendy xx
    Scottish Wendy | Wendy's World

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Dr bronners soap - it has so many uses & a bottle lasts forever! I need to have a look in my local TKMaxx & see if I can get a couple of bottles.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Dr Bronners soap, it's so good for brush cleaning! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dr Bronners is a fail safe :) my fave thing at the moment is Loreal's txt spray

    Jenn Barely There Beauty | UK Beauty Blog | Come join Weight Loss Wednesdays Here

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. we have tj maxx which is probably the same thing. I really like their options for hair and body care.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo