All-a-glow for Faux Radiance


In January, I try to get into a good routine for the warmer months ahead (which seems ages away right now). Today, I have a few products that help with achieving a lovely, radiant glow.
My skin gets quite dry in colder months, so I really like to use a good body scrub to prep and exfoliate. My current obsession is Soap & Glory's Scrub of Your Life - £2.50 (50ml). This exfoliator has over taken pulp friction as my fave soap & glory body scrub. It smells like the righteous butter body moisturiser and makes my skin feel so soft and smooth. Its incredible and I'll be picking up a full size version soon.
Once I've exfoliated, I like to apply a moisturiser/oil to soften and prevent any dry skin. For a natural glow, I like the Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Dry Oil* - £28 (100ml), which leaves my skin feeling silky and nourished. The shimmer version of this oil also looks great on tanned/darker skins.


For the face, a great highlighter is a good way to achieve a faux glow. One of my all time highlighters is MAC's Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Superb - £22. Although this is limited edition, you'll find it in the recent magnetic nude collection, so it may still be available on counters. Superb adds a gorgeous champagne metallic glow to create luminosity and radiance. Another good MAC product for faking the glow is Strobe Cream - £12.50 (30ml). You can use this alone or mix with foundation/concealer for a little dewiness. It adds subtle highlight without looking oily and contains moisturising properties. This is a great all rounder for having in your makeup bag.

Do you have any favourite glow getters?


8 comments

  1. The skin finish looks lovely!

    Stephanie
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/
    Follow @ bloglovin: http://goo.gl/VYmLfM
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to try anything from NUXE! Especially the Dry oil it just sounds amazing! xx

    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The MAC Extra Dimensions collection is lovely! I have been eyeing up a couple of products from that range but haven't made the purchases yet.
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just picked up MACs Mineralise Skin Finish in Soft & Gentle for my highlight - super excited I LOVE it!

    Georgina at itotallypaused.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've wanted to try that nuxe oil for a long time now... i love the packaging and it sounds lovely! and i've been on the hunt for a good body scrub too so i'm definitely noting down this soap and glory one. thank you for your sweet comment on my blog, so glad it led me to yours, i love your posts! am your newest follower now :)

    rachel x
    blush&brunch

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Nuxe oil sounds fantastic, I have an obsession with oils so love to discover more!

    www.beautythrill.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Nuxe oil is my favorite too ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep hearing such good things about the Nuxe oil, I really want to try it! The Skin Finish looks beautiful, too :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo