Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water Review


Meet the newest micellar water on the block. You may have already spotted the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water in Superdrug. I've yet to find it in Boots but it should be rolled out shortly.
Micellar waters have recently become the new thing in the beauty world, no doubt thanks to the cult Bioderma version. I've tried both the bioderma and loreal offerings so how does this one compare?


In comparison to Bioderma priced around £14.50 for 500ml and Loreal priced £4.99 for 200ml (though its regularly on offer), Garniers version is £4.99 for 400ml. My first impressions are that this water feels light, refreshing, removes makeup easily and leaves my skin feeling soft. I found Loreal's water to leave my skin feeling tacky but I've had no such problems with this one. 
I admit that I'm usually quite lazy with removing my makeup and will just grab a few wipes but I'll be switching to this water in future. I don't like to spend too much money on a makeup remover. The bioderma version, though it feels nice on the skin is far more expensive and personally I would rather spend a little more on cleansers and the like. 
The Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water is affordable, the bottle is huge - apparently enough for 200 uses and it feels gentle whilst removing makeup quickly and efficiently. If you're debating between brands, I'd definitely say save your pennies and go for Garnier. I sound like their spokesperson but I like this product a lot!

25 comments

  1. I'd be really interested in trying this. The L'Oréal 3-in-1 is considered the dupe for Bioderma but the bottle annoys me so much that I'd like to find another high street dupe if possible and this sounds very promising :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks interesting, a good idea for those nights out when you really can't be bothered to take your makeup off but need to!

    Beauty by Alice | Blog | YouTube | xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good to me! X

    www.andbeautyorsomething.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo another micellar water to get my hands on :) I've been loving the L'Oreal one - i'm on my 4th bottle, so much, it easily dissolves my makeup & doesn't leave a greasy residue :) This looks promising :) exicted to try it out :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh i hope these are stocked in America! I can never find the L'oreal one. I really want to try this because I hate makeup removers. Micellar water sounds much more appealing.

    Ohhval.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought this from Savers a couple of weeks ago and I'll be trying it out when my Bioderma runs out. I may be trying it out before thanks to your rave review!

    Beth
    Bethanyworrall.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish they had this in the US! I really want to try bioderma and l'oreal, but I have my eye on one from SASA.com.

    Laila | Townhouse Palette

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't seen this yet, but off to the Superdrug website I go! My store never really seems to stock much in the way of skincare, sadly.

    Maxine, xx
    theblondeonbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tried to find this in Boots today - but with no luck. I really want to try it. Its such a bargain & sounds like it works too
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a die hard Bioderma fan but you've made me curious about this product. I will have to give it a go :) lovely post, thank you!

    Ellie
    http://elsie-bells.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I picked this up in Savers the other day for £1.99, I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have the L'Oreal one but with double the product I might aswell get this one in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Praying this comes to Australia, sounds so good and I haven't tried any of the micellar waters yet xxxx

    Verity | Life of Verity

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't wait to try this, sounds like a great affordable option!

    cassandramyee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't wait to try this! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks interesting. I've also tried Bioderma and L'Oreal's versions, but I'll definitely have to pick up a bottle when I next go shopping. I can't believe I used to just use facewipes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. suprise, suprise another everything is possible water! I find these super handy everyday :)

    Emily xxx
    www.beautybyemily.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. heard about this not to long ago and was interested but now I really can't wait to try it out!
    Beth xx
    http://beautyiwant.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for this review, I wanted to know if this was any good as my L'Oreal Micellar is coming to an end! xx

    Kat from Blushing Rose Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  21. I picked this up the other day and have so far been impressed. Whilst I try to cleanse 'properly' I do like to have a decent micellar solution on hand for those lazy days!

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm looking forward dot trying this but I'm waiting til I've run out of my L'oreal one before i buy a bottle.

    Jenn | Photo-Jenn-ic

    x

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just bought this. Good to see that it has a good review. Can't wait to try it.

    Kah-Feh Yen | YSL Rouge Volupté Lipstick Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks like a great product!
    I m really in love with the brand!
    Thank you for this nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have just ordered this product! Im a huge fan of garner and their toners so can imagine this is as good as you say it is! Can’t wait to give it a go!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo