Highstreet Foundations

There are some major beauty gems on the highstreet. Finding a foundation, however can be tricky. As I'm very pale, I find lots of foundations run too dark/orange for my complexion.
Today, I wanted to share three of my favourite foundation from the highstreet. All these are the perfect shade match for my skin and are the lightest shades from their current ranges. Rimmel Match Perfection is a new foundation in my makeup bag. This is a light/medium coverage foundation and I use shade light porcelain. Match Perfection gives a healthy finish - not particularly luminous but it makes my skin look perfect in terms of having an even complexion and hiding any imperfections. Basically, my skin but much better. On my oily skin it wears well, though my t-zone does get quite oily after a while so I need to blot. The formula is easy to blend and doesn't oxidise. Packaging wise, the foundation has a glass bottle and inner pump, which looks far chicer than rimmels' wake me up foundation.

Loreal True Match is a foundation I think is really underrated. The formula is very light and slightly watery but it blends easily and is perfect for complexions that only need fine coverage. It has some shimmer in it that is undetectable once applied to the face. I use N1 ivory - the perfect shade match and again no oxidising here. The satin finish doesn't last as long as I would like - I need to blot a little more than with the other two foundations but I really like using this in summer as I'm not a fan of heavy coverages.

Revlon Colorstay for oily/combination skin is my most repurchased foundation (I use the shade ivory). The texture is harder to blend then the other two foundations as it dries quickly. I find it best to apply with fingers rather than a brush. Unlike the true match and match perfection, Revlon colorstay has no pump, so its also a little messy to dispense. Bar that, I love the light/medium coverage and mattifying finish. This has the best oil control of all foundations I've tried, which is the reason I come back to it so often. It covers imperfections and redness, whilst keeping my t-zone shine free for longer. 

Have you tried any of these foundations?


15 comments

  1. The Revlon colorstay is my ultimate favourite!! Such a good foundation:) x

    www.thebeautymist.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, this is such a helpful post to me. I have oily/combination skin and i always worry about the lasting power of foundations. I love my true match foundation and the finish it gives, but it is a bother that i have to blot quite often. I like using the Bourjois healthy mix serum too :) Its a little bit better in terms of oil control compared with the true match.

    I need to try out the Match perfection at some point, i've read lots of good reviews on it!
    Have a lovely day! <3

    Ying || Yingcbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooove L'Oreal True Match - I've tried all these, great picks!

    annie | www.raspberphobia.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Revlon colourstay! I think it's so under rated, it deserves more praise!

    Kathleen @ Made In The 1990's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love two of these foundations, I haven't tried the l'oreal one yet but everyone is giving it good reviews I must try it out.

    Emily xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colorstay is my one true love when it comes to foundation, although I have to admit I dread the removal since it's so heavy duty and sometimes I just want something lighter, with a lighter coverage and easier removal. I've just run out of my travel sized Lioele Water Drop BB cream which I love to bits, but it's quite expensive, that's why I'll probably just get something from the drugstore. I'm thinking Revlon Nearly Naked that I had a sample of and really loved it, but this got me intrigued to check out the L'Oreal bottle too!
    xx, moonchild beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. These foundations look awesome! I've heard great things about all three yet haven't tried them myself... I'm currently using Illamasqua's Skin Base (love it!) and Revlon's Nearly Naked when I don't need a lot of coverage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently got my paws on the L'Oreal True Match and I love it (it was actually a toss up between that and the Revlon one). I use the same shade and find it covers and lasts pretty well on my skin (combo/dehydrated). Actually it's got an upcoming slot on my January Favourites post on http://Handlebarsandhairspray.blogspot.co.uk! I'm curious about the other two so now I know they don't oxidise (such a pain for us pale girls) I might give them a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never tried any of these foundations, i really want to try Revlon ColourStay as i've heard so many good things about it. My favourite hughstreet foundation is Wake Me Up.

    P.xx
    GreyWalls

    ReplyDelete
  10. True match is on my shopping list! I have read some great things about it recently!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choices! That Rimmel one is my current favourite daytime foundation and I love the Revlon colorstay for nights out because of its medium/heavy and mattifying night out coverage :)

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to try math perfection from rimmel, I've heard great things!
    http://sparklyghosts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Revlon Colorstay is definitely my favourite drugstore foundation. I absolutely love it!
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  14. I neeeeed to try out match perfection, it sounds lovely! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the Revlon ColourStay the best foundation I've ever used!

    Slightly Skint Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo