Light Lips


Lightweight lip formulas are my thing. Its always nice to have a slick of colour on your lips without it feeling dry or yukky. I've compiled a small list of a few of the good weightless lip products out there.



There are quite a few lightweight lipstick formulas on the high street. My top picks are Revlon Lip Butters  - £7.99 and Loreal Rouge Caresse Lipsticks - £7.99 . Both these lipsticks are a cross between a lipstick and balm, offering pigmented colour and a weightless feel on the lips. Revlon lip butters have a little more slip than the Loreal lipsticks but both have nice formulas. My favourite shade from the Loreal Caresse line is cheeky magenta - a hot blue toned pink (top of photo). 
As soon as the Revlon lip butters were released, I bought into the hype and purchased several shades. Though I still rate them, I prefer the shades in the Loreal range. However, Revlon still have a few shades I like, such as strawberry shortcake (middle of photo) - swatched in this post.

At the higher end of the beauty market are the Dior Addict Lipsticks - £20.40 at Escentual. I have the shade Singuliere (bottom of photo and swatched here). The texture is smooth and it glides on effortlessly. Singuliere was one of my first high end lippies and what started my love affair with Dior beauty. The formula is amazing and this is a beaute of a shade.



If glosses are more of your thing, then I suggest having a look at the Loreal Glamshine Stain Splash line - £7.99. Although these aren't particularly pigmented glosses, they're really nice for adding a hint of colour to the lips. The formula is water based so they feel hydrating. I swatched two stains in this post and reviewed in further depth.

What is your favourite lipstick formula?


11 comments

  1. I love the look of that Dior lippy, what a gorgeous shade of pink!

    Beth | BethBlogsBeauty
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like lightweight lipsticks too, especially because I get really dry lips and some lipsticks make it worse. The Revlon Lip Butters are my faves :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love revlon lip butters, I know they can be a bit of a hit and miss product with some people but I love the sheer formula

    Jade
    Beauty Butterfly | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been meaning to try the L'Oreal Rouge Caresse for a while now. They sound lovely!
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your picks. My favourite lipstick formula is something lightweight and buttery.

    Kah-Feh Yen | YSL Rouge Volupté Lipstick Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I felt silly because when you had "light" in the title I thought you meant light in color, but this was great to read! I really want to try the Dior ones, especially that gorgeous shade!

    - Jess
    The Mod Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the L'Oreal Stain Splashes, they feel lovely on the lips don't they! x

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete
  8. revlon lipstain would be my bet for lightweight lipsticks :>

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving nude lips at the moment I just wrote a post on them today i was so shocked as I am usually a bold lip girl! I will have to try these nudes and pale pinks out.


    Emily xxx
    www.beautybyemily.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a HUGE fan of the glam shine stains, they are fabulous!

    Stephanie
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/
    Follow @ bloglovin: http://goo.gl/VYmLfM
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo