New In: Revlon Highlighting Palette Rose Glow

Today's super quick lunchtime purchase came courtesy of Revlon, after I spied this beauty on its lonesome on the stand (it was fate I tell ya). I've been eyeing this up for a while after spotting it on an American blog. There's a lack of highlighters at the lower end of the market and this one is clearly reminiscent of Bobbi Browns shimmer brick.


I bought rose glow (its also available in the UK in bronze glow too) - five complimentary shimmer shades of pink, champagne and beige. Texture wise, this palette is quite powdery. I tried to apply with a real techniques stippling brush and it kicked up a whole load of powder leaving a dusty mess. I'd say apply with a powder,blush or contour brush for best results. Theres quite a lot of shimmer in rose glow. Not a complete disco ball but if you hate shimmer then this palette aint for you.


Blended out, its very flattering. On very pale skin, you might be able to build it up as a blush but for me, it works best as a highlighter. I've applied this over on my cheekbones and it gave a lovely sheen. The Revlon Highlighting Palette is £8.99 and is available to buy online if you cant find it on your local stand. I think it will be pretty popular.


21 comments

  1. This is so pretty, i have never noticed this on the Revlon stands~ Never seen it before :) I like the subtle shimmer in this and i think this can really compare with the Bobbi brown shimmer bricks. I will definitely check this out in stores and maybe add it to my collection :)

    Thank you for sharing and i hope you have a lovely evening! <3

    Ying ♥ || *- YingcBeauty-*
    X x X x X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness this is beautiful. I need this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so pretty, I'd love to try the one in bronze glow during the summer. They both look amazing!<3
    http://sparklyghosts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found this too much for day time but would be nice for night time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this in Boots last week, thought it looked pretty! Loved your review its made me want to buy it :)
    Beauty by Alicee xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen these in my local stores and was super curious, but hesitant to purchase. Thanks for the swatches and review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! Saw it advertised a while ago but really want it now..looks so pretty and I love a bit of shimmer x

    thebeautyfairground.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really pretty! I've never paid much attention to Revlon blushes or highlighters, but this might just have to go in my shopping bag!

    Tiny Alis

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's gorgeous! I didn't think I would like it this much. definitely reminiscent of BB Shimmer Bricks xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is super shimmery but it looks quite lovely! Revlon always has such great products!
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that's really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous!! i can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh this is gorgeous! Such lovely colours. I have to give this a go! I've now added it to my very long wish list!

    Jenn | <a href="http://photo-jenn-ic.blogspot.co.uk”>PhotoJennic</a>

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely colors - reminds me a lot of the bobbi brown shimmers bricks! nice to know there's a quality, affordable drugstore dupe for that now :)

    rachel x
    blush&brunch

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks so beautiful!
    Kathleen @ http://madeinthe1990s.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/ootd-boy-london.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love to try that ! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. The shade of this is absolutely beautiful! Great bargain find x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh I saw these the other day but I hadn't heard anyone mention them so I didn't really have a proper look. It looks stunning, might have to pop back soon!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't know.. this looks CRAZY shimmery to me. It looks really cheap.. perhaps it's wonderful but I'm not sure it's for me :))

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have been after a high street highlighter for SO long! I will be checking these blocks out tomorrow, great review.

    P.xx
    GreyWalls

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks so pretty - I love highlighters & love discovering a bargain
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo