No More January Blues: A Pamper Post


January isn't really a great month for me. I struggle with the blues (apparently today is blue Monday - how apt!). As its freezing outside, I find it quite nice to have a night in with a few pampering products, a magazine or dvd and a few sweet treats.
On a pamper evening, I enjoy nothing more than a relaxing bath. Now I'm normally a shower gal but with a bath, you can take some time out and unwind. I like to use a bath product, such as the Organic Surge Spiced Lily Foaming Bath - £5.99 (250ml)*, which is ideal for a de-stressing bubble bath. I'm not usually a massive fan of spicy scents but this one is warm and inviting. Organic surge as a brand are free from parabens, sls and colourants so perfect for fans of natural skin care. I also really like using their First Class Face Mask - £8.49 (50ml)*
The first class face mask contains chamomile and ginkgo biloba to soothe and rebalance. For the price, its a great mask to use for a deeper cleanse and all round detox. My skin always feels more balanced when I use it and I can imagine it would be perfectly suitable for all skin types. For a brightening boost, I like the Liz Earle Brightening Treatment Mask - £14 (50ml),which is a clay based mask for a quick fix. In under five minutes, it leaves my skin looking radiant and feeling refreshed.
For hair, there are a few treatments I love but if I had to pick my top mask, it would be the Macadamia Deep Repair Masque - £14.40 (250ml)*. This is literally an amazing restoring treatment for dry/damaged hair. I tend to use this on the dry ends of my hair and leave it for around half and hour before rinsing. My ends feel completely soft, nourished and sleeker after use.
A pamper routine wouldn't be complete without a little nail polish. A pop of colour or a little glitz like Deborah Lippmann's Happy Birthday - £17 (15ml) (tip - I found mine reduced in tk maxx) can make all the difference, even if you don't feel up to a huge pamper night.

Do you have any favourite pampering products?

10 comments

  1. A pamper session for me can't beat a bath, magazine and some chocolate!


    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm suffering from a bout of blues as well. I think a pamper day is in order, what a great post!
    Casualllyawkward

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh love a good pamper session, a good film, hot chocolate and my duvet suits me! Not really a bath person :(

    Beauty by Alice | Blog | YouTube | xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. my favourite pampering products are clay masks, bath oils and hair masques :)

    Jade
    Beauty Butterfly | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good pamper night, there's nothing better especially when it's miserable outside!

    Maxine, xx
    theblondeonbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely need a good magazine on a pamper night! X
    Elise // www.elisedopson.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always try to plan a pamper night, but it always falls through :D

    Laila | Townhouse Palette

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't tried the Macadamia products before but I've heard so many lovely things about them! They're definitely products I should look into.
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab post, I love taking the time to have a pamper, it's really important!


    Stephanie (@hopefreedomlove)
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3436251/hope-freedom-love
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that bubble bath so much, perfect for pamper night <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo