Week in Beauty #4

Its been a great week beauty wise. I've made a few new discoveries but also brought one or two items out of my stash.
I've been trialling some hair products from Phil Smith. I didn't get along too well with the brunette range but the volume boosting collection has been a different story. The Big It Up!Volume Boosting Shampoo and Conditioner* give my hair an extra bit of oomph without weighing down my hair or making my hair feel greasy. My roots become oily quite quickly but both these products feel light and softening.
A product I've dusted off from my makeup stash is MAC's blush in stunner. Sadly this was limited edition a while back. Its still one of my favourite blushes as I love both the shade and satin finish. I'm hoping its repromoted at some point so I can buy back-ups!

I've also been using Rimmel's Match Perfection foundation this week, which has the most amazing finish. It makes my skin look 10x better and is the perfect shade match. For lips, I've been using Revlon's Colorburst Matte Lip Pencil in Striking, which I reviewed here.

For eyes, I finally picked up the Anastasia Brow Wiz Pencil in medium ash. This pencil is amazing, seriously amazing!did I mention its amazing?!I'll have a full review coming soon. Finally, I've been dabbling with Kevyn Aucoin's Precision Liquid Liner in black.  I'm not used to using pen style liners so I'm still trying to get to grips with this one. Saying that, its pretty easy to apply and incredibly pigmented. I'm not sure how it compares to cheaper versions as I usually opt for gel liners but this one came in a set and at £27, I probably wouldn't have purchased it on its own. I do like Kevyn Aucoin's range though. I have another KA product to share with you this week!


6 comments

  1. i love rimmels match perfection foundation too, good picks!

    http://kbblr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sound of the Anastasia Brow Wiz, really need to give it a go!

    http://www.beautybyalicee.co.uk/2014/01/beauty-haul_26.html xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try that foundation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The MAC blush looks lovely but it's too bad that it's limited edition. :(
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that blush looks beautiful, the best ones are always limited boo!!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im really gonna have try the Rimmel foundation, im always on the hunt for good drugstore foundations :) x

    Roxanne | Sweet Style Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo