In My Makeup Bag

It's been a long time since I showed the contents of my makeup bag on here. These are what I consider to be my everyday staples.
My current makeup bag is from Forever 21 here. Forever 21 have a nice range of cosmetic bags at the moment but I also like Primarks as they are wipe clean and affordable.

For base makeup, my go to foundation is either Revlon Colorstay for oily/combination skin in 'ivory' or Estee Lauder Doublewear Light in shade 1.0. Both these foundations stay put during the day and control oil whilst providing light/medium coverage. If I want a little more glow, I'll mix with MAC's Strobe Cream. To conceal, I generally use Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. Its pretty hyped up in the blogging world but I really do rate it - its lasts all day without looking cakey and conceals perfectly. Now, the packaging I hate as the writing rubs off leaving the print all over your hands but for £4 I can overlook it.
I find lasting perfection is too thick for concealing my dark circles so I use Gosh Click n Conceal Concealer in light. This is a yellow toned concealer with a light consistency so its ideal for undereye use. I only use a small amount of this as it can look cakey with too much on but it hides my dark circle and brightens the eye area.

For powder, I'm currently using the Clinique Blended Face Powder to set my makeup and control any shine. It's not the best powder I've used in terms of oil control but I love the smooth finish it gives. My base makeup isn't compete without filling in my brows. The Anastasia Brow Wiz Pencil is my current go to and its truly incredible. This literally transforms my brows, giving definition, shape and colour. I'll have a full review shortly.

If I'm in a complete rush in the morning, I'll use my favourite MAC Paint Pot in vintage selection for a swipe of colour over the lids. If I have more time, I'll look through my shadows and go from there but a creme shadow like paint pots are so easy to apply and with a primer (I use E.L.F's Mineral Shadow Primer*) stays put all day. For mascara, I'll usually either use Benefit's Bad Gal or They're Real as both give my lashes the length, volume and definition that other mascaras fail to achieve. Finally,I like to use a little balm like Nuxe Reve De Miel on my lips. Depending on my day and how I'm feeling, I'll use it alone or under a lipstick. My lipsticks are always on rotation so I tend to pick something at random. For a subtle look, I like something light pink or peachy but for evenings I'll completely switch up my makeup.

Have you used any of these products?

19 comments

  1. Most people seem to have the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in their makeup bags but it really is great, haha! I really want to try the Revlon Colorstay foundation but I'm trying to save a bit at the minute so I'll wait until I've used up my other foundations a bit more, lol. Great post & love the little makeup bag :-)

    Caitlin
    caitacrawford.blogspot.co.uk
    - xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that concealer! I really want to try that Colourstay foundation, great post :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post hun! Beautiful picture too xxx
    www.stephellis531.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Revlon Colorstay, it's one of my favourites!
    Casualllyawkward

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with your makeup bag, it's so cute!! I've recently rediscovered my bottle of Revlon Colorstay but now you've got me wanting to try the EL Doublewear Light. Great post lovely! x

    Kirsty | Behind These Closed Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love MAC paint pots! They are fab! Revlon do the best foundation in the drugstore in my opinion!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see so many cute beauty/cosmetic things in Forever 21 these days and i have been tempted to purchase some unecessary stuff! The make-up bag here is so pretty and cute~ Need to have another look in stores soon! I really want to try out the Revlon colorstay foundation because i have read numerous great reviews on it :)

    Thank you for sharing~ Have a good day! <3

    Ying ♥ || *- YingcBeauty-*
    X x X x X

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Nuxe Reve de Miel! It makes my lips so soft :)

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep the Collection concealer is a must in my make-up bag, though I do occasionally use Benefit Erase Paste if I want something better for under the eyes. I really like the sound of the Colourstay Foundation. I have oily skin and long days, so it sounds perfect! :) Wendy xx
    Scottish Wendy | Wendy's World

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Revlon Colourstay Foundation. It's incredibly long lasting on my skin and gives the perfect amount of coverage.
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the Nuxe lipbalm in a jar and love it sooo much! I hear the stick version is less potent, but I think it's be perfect for on the go, I need to get it!
    xx, moonchild beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am desperate to get my hands on another tube of Strobe Cream. I haven't used it since I was at uni and really need to repurchase! x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great selection of products, I love or want to try everything in this post! <3
    http://sparklyghosts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the elf eyeshadow primer & forever re purchase it! Such a bargain too
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo