Liners for Every Budget

eyeliners
For something I use a lot, I rarely talk about liners. I've managed to find a few good liners both high end and high street. Here's my pick from my current crop.
Best for unsteady hands
My ultimate high end liner is the Kevyn Aucoin Precision Liquid Liner. I actually got this as part of a Christmas gift set so I'm not sure if its something I would have purchased myself being £27. However, this liner is literally foolproof. The very fine 'pen style' nib allows for precise application - the liner itself is pigmented and lasts all day. 

Best for smudging
The Chanel Le Crayon Yeux Precision Eye Definer is perfect for smudging due to its double ended pencil. On the other end of the pencil is a small angled latex applicator for precise smudging for a smokey eye. I have the shade brun cuivre - a copper brown. The pencil is incredibly soft and pigmented, though sometimes I find its too soft and can lead to slight smearing.

Best retractable
The Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliners are ideal for anyone who hates sharpening. They're also smooth, pigmented and easy to apply. Again, these can be smudged out for smokey look.

Best for colour
My favourite colour liners are the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Liner.   These are creamy, smooth and come in a range of shades. They glide on easy and are great value for money. The nude shade is ideal for brightening the eye area.

Best intense black
My favourite intense black liner is the Avon Supershock Gel Eyeliner Pencil. Its highly pigmented, soft and longwearing. Great price and great formula.

liners

Whats your favourite liner?

11 comments

  1. I really love the Rimmel...you mentioned above and ByTerry...although there is a huge contrast in price

    http://vodkaandarose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried any byterry but I've seen some good reviews x

      Delete
  2. I've always used Rimmel eyeliners - I love the soft kohl ones at £2.99 (the light grey is my favourite, and the brown is good for brows!) but I've fallen hard for the Scandaleyes. Definitely the best drugstore eyeliners I've ever tried!

    http://ninegrandstudent.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check out the soft kohl ones x

      Delete
  3. The rimmel liners are fab, but I also love soap and glory’s kohl liners.

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I havent tried soap & glory makeup yet but may have to soon x

      Delete
  4. The Kein Aucoin liner sounds incredible, I love liquid eye liner and this sounds like an investment Ill be making soon! <3

    http://sparklyghosts.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you've used seperate categories for different things, such a simple idea but often things are rated by just price or brand. For instance, it's so useful to know what would be good to use if you're not the best at applying eyeliner. Thanks for the recommendations! I think I'm going to give the Rimmel one a go, I need a new eyeliner! xx

    Jade | skinsweet

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Rimmel Scandal eyeliners also. Jordana has some good ones also. I have a review of them on my blog. I am going to have to order that Avon Super Shock one in black.

    Beth
    www.bethandbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choices! I'm obsessed with Urban Decay Perversion because it's so jet black!

    ReplyDelete
  8. For a super tight budget I love the ELF Felt Liner, it's only £1.50!

    Slightly Skint Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo