Skin Saviours


Sometimes my skin needs a little bit more than my regular products can achieve. I've definitely noticed this recently. A cold + torrential weather + heating on full blast = not so great skin.
A recent 50% flash sale with Beauty Mart led me to these two discoveries. Weleda Skin Food is a highly nourishing, thick textured treatment. I've been using this on my elbows and feet at night and I've noticed a huge difference - my skin is so much softer!You can use this on your face but its a really thick and quite greasy so its probably best suited for really dry skin types. It also contains lanolin, which you may want to avoid using on your face if you find it breaks you out.
Homeoplasmine is a french pharmacy product, apparently used by models and makeup artists as a balm to sooth irritated skin, moisturise and aid chapped lips. It can also be used on mild burns, bruises and grazes. For me, this isn't as moisturising as skin food though its less greasy. I find it best for soothing the skin and using on lips. I've preferred using skin food but the homeoplasmine being multi-purpose is handy to have. 

Have you tried any of these?

9 comments

  1. By the time I discovered the Beauty Mart Flash Sale practically everything had sold out!

    I can't use Skin Food on my face but it's great for heels of feet and dry chapped hands with cotton gloves and left on overnight, soft, smooth and soothed!

    Katrina
    ChatterFox-Chit Chat about this and that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its great for the body x

      Delete
  2. I love Skin Food, I always go back to it in the winter! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a small tube of skin food and I love it for super dry areas x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I need to pop into beautymart and grab this stuff!

    Emily xx
    www.beautybyemily.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love multipurpose products. Shame the Homeoplasmine is out of stock!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i haven't tried any of these products but I love multipurpose products. My skin saviour is Sudocream ( Review here - http://greywalls94.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/review-sudocream.html ) Great recommendations.

    P.xx
    GreyWalls

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to try both of these products!
    http://www.golddust-blog.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've not tried either of these, but did used to sell the Weleda range in a Health and Organics store I worked in. The whole range is apparently incredible and the few testers I tried out were always fantastic :) Wendy xx
    Scottish Wendy | Wendy's World

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo