Week in Beauty #6


This week, I haven't worn a lot of makeup due to catching a bad cold and staying cocooned in my bed. Still, I've managed to try out a few things. As a blogger, its easy to write about the products you love and new discoveries.

However, I think sometimes its refreshing to talk about the things that didn't quite live up to expectations. I've been using the Klorane Shampoo with Nettle* - £5.10 for the past week, which is formulated for oily hair. The first wash, I was pretty impressed. The nettle shampoo felt gentle, although its a little runny and my hair felt clean and soft after use. Sadly, after the next wash, my hair looked really lank and my roots didn't look like they had been washed. This happened the following time I used the shampoo and I had to rewash with a different shampoo - so frustrating!There aren't a tonne of shampoos out there for oily hair so I expected more from this brand. Usually, I rave about french branded products but this one is such a letdown.


Onward and upwards, I've recently been using a new serum in the form of MitoQ* which I received from the lovely people at baobella. MitoQ aims to reduce the appearence of fine lines and firm skin. A 50ml bottle is priced at $119, so the higher end of the skincare market. MitoQ feels velvety on the skin and can be used alongside your usual skincare products or used alone. I like to use it as a regular serum after toning and before moisturiser. After a few weeks use, I've found my fines lines look smoother and my skin looks plumper. Whilst, I like it, I'm not wowed by it. The price tag is steep and I find the packaging looks a bit cheap.
As I've been battling a cold, I've been slapping on the lipbalm like crazy. I've found myself reaching for the Hurraw Night Treatment Balm, which has a gorgeous vanilla scent. It contains avocado, rosehip and argan oils to combat dryness and makes my lips feel really soft and hydrated.

Makeup wise, I've been using the Clinique Blended Face Powder to combat my oily t-zone. I picked up the shade 'invisible blend', which is translucent. Although this is £21, you get a whopping 35g of powder. Its very fine, light and non cakey. I love the finish, though the oil control isn't anything special. I've been pairing this with Revlon Colorstay foundation, which is perfect for controlling my oily skin. The combination of the two means I only really need to blot once/twice throughout the day so I don't need to worry about looking like an oil slick. 

Have you tried any of these products?


9 comments

  1. I really want to try Revlon Colorstay foundation, especially if its good at controlling oily skin!

    http://ciarapocket.blogspot.ie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need the Revlon Colourstay back in my life, due to work heaters i'm super oily! Good call x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heard great things about the Revlon Colourstay, I think Revlon as a brand are seriously bringing it nowadays!

    Georgina at itotallypaused.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the Revlon Colourstay and it's always my go-to foundation no matter where I'm going!
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good review that balm sounds nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i havent tried any of these but do wanna try revlon colour stay

    http://sarazbeautytonic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo