A Glossy Moment

At heart, I'm a true lipgloss girl. I just find them much easier to wear than lipsticks. Ok, maybe not in gale force wind conditions - having to pull your hair off your lips is never a good look but for adding a hint of a tint then you're good to go.
My current go to lipglosses are all higher end. Not planned but I've yet to find a great lip gloss on the high street. An unexpected find is the Clarins Colour Quench Lip Balm. I have 02 peach - a sheer peach with iridescent shimmer. Colour quench comes in a squeezy tube and is easy to apply. The gloss contains shea butter and mango to soften and repair. The formula is slightly thick and sticky but what makes it for me other than being ultra glossy is the scent - it tastes so good!I know you're not meant to eat your lipgloss but this is the sort of gloss you want to lick off thanks to its amazing candy scent.

Laura Mercier is one of my favourite brands and I adore their lip glaces. My favourite is the shade sweetheart - a sheer pale pink, which was limited edition. The lip glaces are none sticky, comfortable to wear and have a high shine. Whilst, I don't find lip glaces very long wearing, I like that they don't dry out my lips and this shade can be paired with any look.

A gloss I was originally on the fence with is the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector. Admittedly, the first time I tried these I thought they were overrated and overpriced but I've been wearing them a lot in the last few weeks so I think its safe to say I've changed my mind. I like these as they feel hydrating, plumping and add a hint of colour. My lips feel soft after use and the squeezy tube with sponge tipped applicator makes it a dream to apply. I have the shades nude shimmer and petal shimmer - both are real pretty shades and great to try for even someone who doesn't wear a lot of makeup as they're really easy to wear.

Do you have any favourite glosses?


18 comments

  1. Lovely picks, I have been going back to lipglosses recently too. My current favourite is NARS Larger Than Life in Paris Follies x

    Kat from Blushing Rose Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura Merciers are adorable.


    http://vodkaandarose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lip perfectors are my gloss love for sure! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally with you on the Clarins gloss, I was so disappointed at first. I love it now though, as long as you don't mind constantly reapplying. I love Laura Mercier but never tried these glosses, you've picked a beautiful colour here x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must admit, I'm not one for lipgloss but these picks look lovely.
    The Clarins peach gloss sounds perfect.

    joy&

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've just now been getting into glosses. prior to like, a month ago, the last time i wore them had been in like 8th grade. now that i know i was doing it way wrong, i feel like i can appreciate it! i got a sampler from sephora that i really liked, but i can't remember the name! it actually kind of reminds of the one on the far right..i love it though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely try Lancomes' Juicy Tubes - they're not sticky at all so you don't suffer from the hairy-lip-situation X

    bambieyedbecky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very often, I end up loving something I did not care for much long after the initial purchase. I am not a big lipgloss person, but I definitely enjoy the wearability of glosses compared to lipsticks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah your Laura Mercier one looks a lovely shade! I love a glossy finish, I'm in love with the YSL Gloss Voluptes at the moment! x
    Lipstickloveheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've wanted to try the Clarin's one for ages!

    beauty by alicee <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have heard so much good things about the Clarins lip glosses, I really need to invest in one so I can review it also on my blog. I love to wear lip glossed in the middle of my bottom lip to make my lips look plumper since I have small lips. I do have an article on my blog called Lips101 if you are anyone else would like to check it out.

    Beth

    bethandbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I prefer lip glosses too! The Laura mercier sounds lovely, I need to give one a go soon <3

    http://sparklyghosts.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love lip glosses! These are all shades that I would definitely wear.

    untitledandunfinished.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. the Laura Mercier one looks so pretty!

    http://ciarapocket.blogspot.ie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. For the first time in years I am actually getting into glosses! But I have no idea where to start - might be time to hit Boots for some cheap ones!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhh all 3 of these look so pretty!!
    I never everrrr wear lipglosses, purely for the hair reason, but now I realise I've worn my hair tied up almost daily for the last 2 years and sense I'm missing out...
    This will cause twitchy must-buy-lipgloss-fingers no doubt, but maybe I'll start with something a little cheaper :)

    Holly Mixtures
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great choices I really like that Clarins gloss!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo