Battle of The Dry Shampoo

If there's one beauty product I always have around its dry shampoo. I don't like washing my hair everyday as I don't want to make my hair become any oilier than it already is but I hate that '2nd day' feeling.
A resolution to this is dry shampoo. It's such a good way to freshen up your roots as well as hiding any oiliness. I'll tell you a secret, when I was a teen I used to baby powder to hide my greasy locks. It sorta worked but I probably looked like I was going grey early. These days, its a lot easier to use a dry shampoo. I have three in my stash at the moment. Boots Dry Shampoo in paradise island is my least favourite of the three. This one has a tropical scent - I can sniff out the coconut in this and whilst I liked it at first, it lingers for a while and becomes cloying and sickly. The can also doesn't distribute the shampoo evenly so you get the white powder effect in patches rather than evenly. It does do the job of making hair look less oily but you have to make sure you rub it in well. Next up is the far superior Dove Refresh + Care Dry Shampoo. The can dispenses this very finely and even though its white, you don't need to rub it in as much. Its smells like a subtle version of the dove leave in conditioner which is a gorgeous scent and it doesn't linger. I'll buy this again as it keeps my hair feeling fresh all day and its nice and light on the hair. Its more expensive than the Boots shampoo but its worth paying that extra for. Finally, I have the Phil Smith Wow Brunette Coloured Dry Shampoo. Unlike the previous two, this dry shampoo is perfect for brunette as its a brown tone. I was expecting this to be too dark for my hair as I have highlights but its a great match. It has a slight shampoo type smell - nothing offensive or overpowering but it also makes my hair look shiny whilst covering any oil. Obviously this one is only suitable for brunettes but I rate both this and the Dove shampoo as good and better than the likes of batiste, which I'm not overly keen on.

Have you tried any of these or is there a dry shampoo out there you love?


12 comments

  1. I absolutely love the Dove one! It smells yummy and no white residue even on raven black hair, unlike batiste which is just awful. I haven't tried the Boots one but Superdrug's isn't up to much either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to do the same thing too! I even sometimes still use baby powder in a pinch to be honest. I tried dove's about a year ago and I wasn't a fan. I prefer pssst to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have wanted to try the Dove dry shampoo for ages, it sounds fab (: I adore the V05 dry shampoo, it is beautifully scented & does just a great job (: xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tried a bunch in all price ranges and Batisite has been my fave so far. I heard Oribe is very good as well (it should be at $40)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been toying with buying the dove dry shampoo for a while now, and you've convinced me! Meg x

    A Scholar Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been really impressed with the Dove one! I love how light it feels <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite one has to be batiste! So affordable and comes in many scents and colors for brunette girls!
    The Beauty Break

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven’t actually tried any of these dry shampoos! I had an allergic reaction on my scalp a few months back to dry shampoo and haven’t bought any since! I would like to try the Dove one though!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the smell of the Dove one!

    http://gillianbarrie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also used to use talc in my teens to try and mop up the oily mess that was my hair, god knows what I looked like! Despite my oily hair I've never got into dry shampoos. I've only really tried Baptiste but have never been keen on it and nothing beats the feel of freshly washed hair. For some reason though I like the look of the Dove one, so I might give that a try x

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not too keen on the batiste one either, but the dove one sounds fab x

    A Little Treat | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. I personally love Batiste, for the price in my opinion its the best out there:) x

    www.thebeautymist.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo