Becca Mineral Blush in Songbird

becca
becca_blush
Although blushers are my favourite makeup item, sometimes you stumble across a product that you never expected to like.
I bought Becca's mineral blush in songbird after tracking it down on eBay for just £7. At full price I might have overlooked it but I've been lusting after some becca products and theres several items floating across the Internet at discounted prices - I'm guessing because Becca got discontinued here a few years ago before making its way back. Even though I'm not someone massively fussy over packaging, I lurve the disc style packaging of becca. I think it makes it stand out a little and looks rather chic.


In the pan, songbird looks darker than it really is. When I first opened the compact, I never thought I'd be able to pull this off in a million wears but surprisingly on the cheeks, it translates to a warm coral pink with very subtle shimmer. The texture is slightly drier than some of my other blushes, such as illamasqua but the pigmentation is top notch (never thought I'd say top notch in a product review but there ya go). As its a finely milled texture, it sweeps over the cheeks without looking patchy or too intense. Its the type of blush that even pale skinned girls can wear as you can build the colour up. This lasts all day on my skin and gives me a lovely rosy glow. I'm so glad I managed to find this - though it is still available at space nk for £26. 

Have you tried any becca products?

9 comments

  1. I would also be a little intimidated by this blush by looking at it in the pan but it's great that it sheers out a little on the cheeks. It does look like a pretty colour though, maybe I will try to get my hands on this!

    -Shelby
    http://bittersweetshelby.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does look a very dark blush, but I bet it make a gorgeous sheer wash! I'm sure I've spotted Becca products on Fragrance Direct, so it might be worth having a little peek there too! :)

    www.ceejayell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven’t tried any Becca products but this warm coral blusher sounds lovely.

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really want to give some Becca stuff a go, I spotted some in my local discount beauty store yesterday so may pop back in (bargain hunter)!

    Georgina at itotallypaused.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh this sounds great! I love coral blushes, and i'm glad it doesn't come off as it looks like in the pan (: xx

    A Little Treat | Beauty & Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! I like a strong blush to add a bit of life to my sallow skin, this looks beautiful.

    www.sophiemakesup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good blush to perk up my sallow skin! This looks beautiful.

    www.sophiemakesup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This blush would go great with my skin tone! I want it. I've became a little blush obsessed. Hehee, it just adds some much more glow to your face. Great Post Deary.


    xoxo Cay from www.beautysblessings.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like it goes on into a very nice colour! Not sure I'd buy it full price though, so well done for finding it so cheap! :) Wendy xx
    Scottish Wendy | Wendy's World

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo