Lazy Girl Morning Skincare

For a morning skincare routine, I like something quick and easy. I'd rather have an extra 10 minutes in bed than spending extra time on my skin.
I opt for three products in the mornings. I like all three and it takes only a few minutes to use them. First I like to splash my face with cold water, just to wake me up properly. Then I'll apply a cleanser - Avene's Extremely Gentle Cleanser* is perfect as you dont need to rinse it off. The formula is very lightweight and soothing whilst it effectively cleanses the skin. Though its tailored for sensitive skin, it would work on the majority of skin types as it isnt oily nor drying. To tone, I use a spray, such as La Roche Posay Serozinc. I'm still on the fence with this toner but its really refreshing and it seems to calm any redness so its ideal to use in the morning. I just spritz a little over my face and use a cotton pad to remove. Serozinc is hard to get of hold of but there are a few toning sprays on the market, such as avene, botanics or its even fairly easy to make your own. 

For a moisturiser, I like to use Liz Earles Smoothing Line Serum as a light moisturiser on my oily skin. With this, it can also be used around the eye area so I dont need to use a separate eye cream. This serum soaks in really quickly, smoothing fine lines and plumping my skin - with a heavier moisturiser I'd have to wait around for it to absorb but with this I'm good to go! After my skincare trio, I normally follow with a primer or makeup base before I apply my foundation. This current routine works well for me right now but I do change things up now and then, especially if I'm testing a new daycream or skincare product.

What do you use in your morning skincare routine?

10 comments

  1. I use a toner from La Roche-Posay's Effaclar range and I find it's really good for reducing redness and getting rid of blemishes! :)

    http://ciarapocket.blogspot.ie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post!
    I also do like quick skincare routine in the morning. Torough cleansing, toning and light moisturing :-)
    www.mademoisellenature.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love Avene, only recently discovered it but all the products are so gentle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to use cepahil cleanser in the morning. Its so light and easy to use - not to mention its also under £10! And then I like to use Lush’s tea tree toner and spritz it onto my face straight after coming out of the shower!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been thinking of getting this Avéne cleanser to take on holiday with me. My skin gets unbearably sensitive when sun/salt/chlorine is involved, to the point where even my foundation stings, so I'm hoping this will make cleansing a bit more bearable whilst I'm away! x

    Elissa | styleaffix.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to try the Serozinc but it's pretty difficult to get in Italy too! The Avene cleanser sounds pretty nice as well.

    x Giada | The Beauty Recensionist

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous22.3.14

    Hi! Thanks for sharing!
    I'm using Bioderma Micellar Water and Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner in the morning and L'oreal Sublime&Soft Cleanser Gel and Avene Eau Thermale at night for my dry and sensitive skin.
    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Avene Cleanser is sitting in my skincare draw waiting to be opened, it sounds like something I will enjoy :)
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  9. My morning skincare routine easy because I have a tendency to sleep in.
    I start off with a quick was using Philosophy's Purity, follow up with some Clarins Oil.
    Then wrap up everything with a quick slap of Avene's Tolerance face cream.
    Lovely products I need to try that Avene Cleanser.
    TarteTanya

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo