Rita Ora For Rimmel | Breakfast in Bed Nail Polish

rimmel_ritaora
I wouldn't say I'm a massive fan of celebrity endorsements and hearing about Rita Ora's collaboration with rimmel didn't exactly spark my interest.


However, after seeing a few swatches online I am pleasantly surprised by how nice the collection is. The Rita Ora for rimmel collection contains 12 nail polishes and five bright lip crayons. Officially these don't launch until the 21st of march but I found a few of the nail shades in Tesco. Buying the shade 'breakfast in bed' was a no brainer - I'm a massive fan of mint greens and they're perfect for spring. This one has a very subtle shimmer running through it but it doesn't really translate on the nail.

Its been a long time since I used a rimmel 60 seconds nail polish but I generally remember the formula being good. Sadly, I have to say the formula on this was so disappointing. I don't know if I got a dud bottle but the formula was too thick for my liking, it looked streaky on the nails and this shade took three coats to be fully opaque and even then it looked a little patchy. Its a shame as this shade is stunning but there are far better mint green polishes out there. I managed to pick up another shade which I'll save for another day but perhaps other shades will perform better. I'm sure I will still pick up one or two of the lip crayons though.


15 comments

  1. The colour is so pretty. Good choice :)

    What A Little Pickle

    ReplyDelete
  2. How disappointing, it's such a lovely colour. Have you tried Essie's Mint Candy Apple, it's very similar and a good quality varnish x
    Deborah
    moonstoneandmay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited to see the Colour Rush shades and I love them already!

    P.xx
    GreyWalls

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the look of this new range, especially the pastel colours, so thanks for the review! Shame about the texture of the varnish...still, it looks lovely on your nails! Danielle x

    frontiere-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful colour, I didn't know Rita Ora was creating these until now, great post :)

    alice xxx | beauty blog | beauty channel

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this colour! Its perfect! However it is such a shame to hear about the formulation!
    Thank you for the review :)
    Bana xoxo
    http://poppylilybeauty.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look of the whole Rita Ora collection - so many bright cute colours & the names are a little naughty too. Looking forward to it being released
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh I'm doing my food shop in Tesco tomorrow so I might keep an eye out for these!
    That one is a really nice shade of blue.

    Jenn | PhotoJennic

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually like the 60 seconds nail polish, so that's a shame! The color is lovely though, perfect for spring.

    bespectacled

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a pretty shade!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this color! Perfect for the upcoming Spring season! <3

    xoxo Cay from www.beautysblessings.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This shade reminds me a lot of Essie's Mint Candy Apple color...

    untitled&unfinshed

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a shame that the rimmel quality isn't the best. They are one of my favourite nail polish brands so would be pretty gutted if the formula had changed or something. The colour is still beautiful though xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a fab colour!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo