Save V Splurge: The Body Oils

Body oils are a nice alternative to body lotions/moisturisers. I have two in rotation, both at opposite ends of the price spectrum.
A good high street body oil is the Garnier Ultimate Beauty Oil Skin Perfector - £7.49 Boots which is in a plastic spray bottle - not particularly fancy and I do find that it doesn't always spritz evenly, so you get some oil running down the bottle - though I could just have a faulty bottle? Also the bottle is kinda hard to hold, which when you have to rub the oil in, means it slides out of your hands easy.
Packaging woes aside, the oil itself is enriched with argan, macadamia, almond and rose oils. It has a slightly sweet nutty scent and soaks into the skin quickly. My skin feels soft,smooth and hydrated after use with a subtle scent. Price wise it costs £7.49 for 150ml. The more expensive oil I have is the Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Dry Oil for face, body and hair - £28*

Packaging wise, the nuxe glass bottle is easy to hold with the oil spraying evenly. The oil is slightly lighter in texture than the garnier version but its still as softening and moisturising. It can also be used on the hair and face and theres also a shimmer version - I've used that on my hair which made it so shiny. 
The Huile Prodigieuse soaks in quickly, leaving no residue and leaves the skin looking glowing and healthy. The scent is very sophisticated - I personally like to apply it in the evening before a night out. The price is much higher than the garnier oil but if I had to pick one I'd choose the Nuxe version as it feels lighter and is multi-purpose. Garnier's beauty oil is nice but the packaging lets it down big time so I doubt I would repurchase.



7 comments

  1. The Nuxe one sounds so lovely! I really want to try it now <3

    http://sparklyghosts.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Nuxe is multi purpose....if it was just for my body...then I would use the Garnier...

    http://vodkaandarose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Nuxe. Garnier I wanted to try, but now I'm not sure if it's worth it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, nice review! what is the exact composition of both? quite important to figure out which one contains the "purest" oils.x
    www.mademoisellenature.blogspo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been considering investing in a body oil for a while now and the Nuxe oil sounds absolutely gorgeous! I might give it a try xx

    http://thelovelyprose.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Nuxe oil sounds beautiful!

    Rebekah @ Delicate Heart

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo