Those Fine Lines...

Anti-ageing skincare is a massive market. Whilst I don't like the term 'anti-ageing' - a cream certainly isn't going to halt the ageing process and ya know I'm not sure how ageing is considered a bad thing. However, I do want to try and make my skin look the best it can.
I have a few very fine lines so I use a few products that are aimed at smoothing and plumping the skin. I think most of the products I use would be good for anyone looking for something for the first signs of lines/wrinkles. For cleansing, one of my favourite balms is the Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm. This is a rich,creamy balm that melts onto the skin to deep cleanse. It feels quite oily, which doesn't bother me as it doesn't make my skin feel greasy after use. Its best removed with a cloth but it rinses off easily. My skin feels smooth, soft and plumped after use. Just lovely.
Serum-wise, there are two that I use in rotation - The Bliss Firm Baby Firm* is a light milky serum which has the texture of a light moisturiser. My skin feels hydrated and firmer when I use this under my moisturiser. I also like to use the Liz Earle Smoothing Line Serum - an oil free serum that can also be used on the undereye area to firm and smooth. You can use this after cleansing and toning or after moisturiser as its really light.
For moisturising, I have a few options that are all good at hydrating yet smoothing lines. A brilliant all rounder is Trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil. Even though I have oily skin, this oil doesn't feel too thick and it absorbs well into my skin. You can use this to fade scars, stretchmarks, on dry skin; it has so many uses and is a great product to have in your stash. For the more traditional moisturiser, I use the Elemis Pro Collagen Marine Cream as my day moisturiser - it makes my skin feel smooth, hydrated and look healthier. In the evening, I use the Elemis Pro Collagen Oxygenating Night Cream - this softens any lines and boosts elasticity. 
Skincare can really make a difference to your skin but I consider external factors as well when looking after my skin. For me all these products have helped to firm, plump and give my skin a boost. I should add that I am 30 and its only in the past 2/3 years that I've started using these type of products. I wouldn't recommend them for anyone very young as your skin really wont need them yet.

Have you tried any of these?



5 comments

  1. Great post! :)
    x

    http://lifeisbeauty1994.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! And great product selection! For those who are interested to know a bit more about the benefits of Rosehip oil, I wrote a post about it:-)
    http://mademoisellenature.blogspot.nl/2011/10/rosehip-oil-miraculous-beauty-oil.html
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Elemis products so so much!!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually love most of these things :) Elemis is a cracking brand!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so so want to try the rosehip oil! Love the sound of the Liz Earle product too xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo