Week In Beauty #10

beauty
This week has been all about the makeup. Usually during the week Ill just want to get my makeup on as quick as possible and do the minimal (I'm not a morning person) but this week I've really enjoyed spending time applying my makeup properly and adding a little extra than normal.
For my base, I've gone back to wearing Loreal True Match,a foundation that's starting to become a bit more well known in the beauty blogging word. The reason I like it, other than being a great shade match is the light coverage. I'm a big fan of light foundations but this one really evens out my complexion, minimises pores and smooths out the texture of my skin. Its a really great high street foundation and proof you don't need to spend £££'s for a good product.

blushes
For blushes, I've rekindled my love for Benefits Hervana blush (swatched here) for a light flush and been adding a lil' glow with Revlons Highlighting Palette in rose glow (swatched here).

When it comes to my eye makeup, I've been using the Soap & Glory Its About Prime shadow base in bright light, which keeps my shadow in place throughout the day as well as brightening my upper eye area. I've been gravitating towards Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream shadow in sand dollar as my shadow of choice this week. Its a beautiful cool toned pale grey taupe with subtle shimmer, which applies smoothly and lasts all day. I'd definitely purchase more shades as the formula is incredible - possibly even better than my beloved MAC paint pots!

Have you tried any of these?

7 comments

  1. I've actually used my Hervana blush this week after abandoning it for what feels like ages. It's such a nice easy blush to wear.

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried the All about Prime..but I want to as I hear its pretty good...

    http://vodkaandarose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Revlon highlighter looks really pretty, I'm going through the swatches now! I've never seen it before, I'm surprised it's not talked about more xxx

    Verity | Life of Verity

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those blushes are so pretty! I need to get hervana, its beautiful <3

    http://sparklyghosts.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The True Match Foundation is indeed being mentioned a bit more recently, I wouldn't mind giving it a try.
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the Hervana blush:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Revlon Highlighting palette, it's so gorgeous and such amazing quality for a drugstore product.

    P.xx
    GreyWalls

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo