Week in Beauty #11

beauty_blog
I've been super busy blogging wise this week. Earlier in the week, I reviewed March's edition of the Love Me Beauty Box here and the real standout product for me was the Nip & Fab CC Eye Fix.
I prefer pen style concealers for my undereye area, which is exactly what this is. I'm not keen on the whole bb and cc cream fad but I think this concealer does a really good job of concealing and brightening my undereye circles. It looks like a dark apricot shade when first applied but blended out it lightens to a light nude beige. It doesn't crease or look cakey as it has a very light texture - I prefer this sort of concealer for my eyes so I'm really impressed with this one!

Another post from this week was dedicated to some amazing makeup brushes from ebay (you can view that post here). My favourite brush is possibly the rounded edge brush. I've been using this to blend concealer and it does a perfect job. I also use the other brushes for my base as they're a little too big for using on my eyes. Speaking of concealer, this week I had a small blemish and some redness that my normal collection concealer just would not cover. When that happens its time to bring out the big guns a.k.a Becca Compact Concealer - this has two versions of the same coloured concealer. A medium coverage and extra coverage for those areas that need the fullest coverage possible. I use the medium coverage strength and it really does a great job of providing extra coverage without looking caked on. As it blends really easily, you only need the smallest amount and it stays put all day.

Finally, my sister gave me some mini clarins samples which I've been putting to the test. The Clarins Melting Cleansing Gel feels really light and translates to an oil on the skin. I like it but I'm not sure if I'd buy the full size version as it doesn't have that 'wow' factor for me. The other minis are the Day Early Wrinkle Correction Cream and Night Youth Recovery Cream - again they don't wow me but they're nice enough. I'm not really keen on the heavy scent but I do like that they're non greasy and soak in quickly.


3 comments

  1. I will have to try out the Nip & Fab eye concealer....sounds ideal for those dark bags!! ;))

    http://vodkaandarose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get dark under eye circles, maybe I should try this out.
    xx, Michelle
    http://michelleolthuis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That compact concealer looks lovely :)

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo