Week In Beauty #12 | Skincare Special

This week I've been raiding my skincare drawer in search of help with hormonal blemishes. Usually when those pesky blighters pop up out come the big guns but as I've ran out of blemish treatments I've had to try a new approach.
After cleansing, I've been using Lush's Tea Tree Water as a toner - tea tree has soothing and antiseptic properties so it helps to reduce spots. Lush's tea tree water feels light and refreshing but as I find tea tree slightly drying, I've been looking to add some hydrating products to my skincare routine. First up is the Avene Soothing Hydrating Serum*- this is such an amazing serum. Its light, non sticky, soaks in quickly and leaves the skin feeling moisturised and soothed. There will be more on this later in the week.
For a moisturiser, I've been using up the Bioderma Sensibio Forte Cream for reddened, sensitive skin*. This is an incredible moisturiser for sore, irritated skin. It feels so soothing and reduces redness. I think it would be great for treating sunburn or sore skin after shaving/hair removal. I'll be picking up the full size version soon. Finally, I've been treating my skin with the Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask - a creamy mask for soothing, cleansing, hydrating and detoxing. Its ideal for blemished skin as its incredibly gentle and nourishing with anti-bacterial properties of manuka honey. I featured this in my favourite products from last year and its a product I'll keep repurchasing as its a complete staple for me.


2 comments

  1. Need to try the LUSH teatree toner!
    Amazing blog, check out mine?

    Chloe // throughchloeslens.wordpress.com x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Tea Tree water. But you use it instead of a Bioderma like product?

    WOMANOUK (beauty and portrait drawings)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo