Worth The Splurge #2


Whilst I do like my high street beauty, I also like my high end products too. Obviously, when you're shelling out for an item you want said product to perform amazingly well.
A skincare item I really rate is the Pixi Glow Tonic. You use this as a toner and it really does make your skin look more radiant. This stuff contains glycolic acid, aloe vera and witch hazel to exfoliate and brighten. Glow tonic is also alcohol free, so its perfect to use on drier skin too. A product I recently mentioned in my latest weekly favourites post is the Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Powder in candlelight - a subtle champagne toned highlighter. This has become my favourite highlighter as the powder is so finely milled and smooth, that it creates a soft glow on the skin. I'm not a huge fan of the brush as it kicks up a lot of powder in the pan but I tend to use an elf complexion brush or something along those lines.

When it comes to luxurious packaging, YSL always seem to get it right. I love the gold casing of the YSL Rouge Volupte Shines - I have the shade pink in confidence, which is a soft neutral pink with a glossy finish. The mango scented texture is weightless and feels hydrating. I wont lie, I'd love a few more shades but at £24.50 they're more of a treat item for me. 

For styling my brows there is only one product I turn to at the moment - Anastasia Brow Wiz Pencil. This double ended pencil (retractable pencil on one end and brush on the other) transforms my brows from their natural state of sparse and shapeless into thicker, defined and styled. I'll have a review of this shortly.
Finally, I must make a nod to one of the best makeup brushes out there - MAC's 217 blending brush. This brush is super soft and flawless for blending out any eye shadow or even concealer. I do have the sigma dupe of this brush which is good but not on a par with the 217. The 217 is more expensive than some brushes but the quality is there and it will last for ages - a real staple to have in any brush kit!

Have you tried any of these?

3 comments

  1. Sometimes you just have to splurge a little!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a YSL lipstick they look so pretty x

    Catherines Loves

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a great post... it's only fairly recently that I've started adding in some high end things, and some really are worth the price tag! Although some really aren't... so love posts like this :)

    Sophie
    http://what-sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo