An Amazing Base Under £7...

Rimmel_match_perfection
Getting a good base is key for a great makeup look. I've tried a few foundations over the years and I have a few favourites, which depend upon my skins needs and the time of year. As we are heading towards summer, I favour a lighter base. Despite having oily skin, I hate the feeling of a heavy base in warm weather. 
Finding a foundation can be hit and miss - I've been lucky to find Revlon Colorstay, which is a great base for Autumn/Winter or when I need more coverage. However I've recently switched to using Rimmel's Match Perfection and let me tell you, this stuff is incredible. Packaging wise, its your standard glass bottle and blue plastic lid and pump - thankfully it has a pump!This is Revlon Colorstays downfall. Having a pump makes it so much easier to dispense the correct amount of foundation you need.


I've previously found Rimmels foundations to be too dark for my skin tone but 010 light porcelain is the perfect match. Light porcelain has a slight pink tone to it, which I find suits my skin tone much better than yellow toned foundations. The formula is light, slightly runny with a light/medium coverage. Any blemishes or redness do need extra concealing as the foundation alone isn't enough. I like to apply it with the real techniques buffing brush - it takes a minute or two to dry and leaves a nice dewy finish. The dewiness doesn't border on greasy which is why I think it works on oily skin. Granted oily skins need to blot. I need to blot more so with this than Revlon colourstay but the finish is so lovely and brightening that I think its worth blotting more for. Despite my oily skin, this foundation doesn't transfer and stays put most of the day (obviously blotting makes it say put for longer) but at £6.99 its a brilliant foundation for the majority of skin types. For me, the finish equates to what 'perfect' skin should resemble so its become a must have staple in my makeup bag. Highly recommended.


19 comments

  1. I've seen this product so much, and I really have to add it to my shopping list! Great review :)
    http://miararaa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So need to try this, everyone raves about it! Lovely Post!

    xx
    Effys Space

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good, I need to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to trying mine, picked it up for a bargainous £4.98 in Asda! x

    http://ninegrandstudent.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely need to try this one, I've heard great things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still haven't tried this... and I agree, a pump is a must. I currently love the L'Oreal true match :)

    Style Sunrise

    :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard a ton of things about this foundation!

    Taslima | The little things in life

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my all time favourites! Enjoyed the read :)
    Levi xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So tempted to try this, I've been meaning to try a dewy foundation and this sounds great. I always agree, a foundation's so much better with a pump! xxx

    Verity | Life of Verity

    ReplyDelete
  10. How does this last throughout the day with your oily skin? I have very oily skin and am to looking for a summer foundation as I hate the feeling of too much make-up in warm weather.

    Chloe xx
    http://candidlychloe0912.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am on the market for a new foundation, I will definitely check this out ^_^

    Laila from Townhouse Palette ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. i've purchased this recently and i instantly fell in love with it..blends perfectly and looks stunning!
    http://sarazbeautytonic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. ive bought this and have been wearing it for a month or two, its now one of my staples. its amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've looking for this shade for ages

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved this foundation when I tried it, it last SO long and feels so light. But unfortunately too dark for me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this foundation - inexpensive and gives a really lovely base. It's definitely a keeper! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. My friend recommended this to me too! It really does sound fab. Need to try more drugstore foundations. I always think that more expensive is better but that's not always the case!

    www.absolutebeaut.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've heard amazing things about this! I think it'll be a little too pink for my skin though!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo