Colour Infusion | Bright Makeup Picks

Bright shades, especially neons are going to be huge this summer. Typically, I stick to safe shades - I'm a neutral girl at heart. However, the sunshine brings the fun out and I like to be a little more daring with my makeup.
I love sleek shadow palettes for bright shades. I have the lagoon palette, which was limited edition (its still available on the sleek website) but acid and the new del mar offerings also have some gorgeous pops of colour. For blushes, Illamasqua have some lovely bright shades - the matte finishes in particular are my favourites. At the moment, I'm loving Clinique Cheek Pop in Plum Pop - a blue toned bright pink. Its brighter in real life than pictured but this is a blush that is incredibly wearable for all skin tones. I apply it with a sigma f82 round kabuki and gently buff in. Its a buildable colour so darker skin tones can be more heavy handed.
For nails, the possibilities are endless. I really like Models Own Orange Sorbet - a bright neon orange. Models Own have some new neon shades out soon but theres already a few in their lineup if you cant wait that long. I also love Maybelline Pow Green - a neon yellow/green which is quite an unusual shade and shouldn't work but somehow does. Both these would look great with tanned skin but I think pale ladies can pull them off too. For some colour on my lips, Maybelline Vivids Shocking Coral Lipstick (reviewed/swatched here) is an ultra bright hot coral pink. This baby is bright and will get you noticed. Its a really great value lipstick - Maybelline do have a few other bright shades too that are definitely worth looking into for any bright colour lover!


4 comments

  1. That Maybelline nail polish is amazing, love!
    Kallie - But First Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lipstick looks lush, such a pretty colour. I love the packaging of the clinique blushes! :-) xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the packaging is lovely isnt it x

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo