Concealing Dark Circles & Blemishes

concealers

I rarely go a day without using some sort of concealer. Even if I don't have any blemishes, I still have a little redness to cover and undereye dark circles.

If I don't cover my dark circles, then I just look exhausted so a little concealer never goes amiss. I've used a lot of concealers over the years and I'm yet to find my holy grail of undereye concealing but the ones I'm currently using do a decent job. For days when I have little time to do my makeup or if I'm just having a lazy day then I'll use the Gosh Click N Conceal in light - a yellow toned concealer in a click pen style tube. A few clicks is enough to cover both undereyes, with the light texture blending well. Like a lot of concealers I've tried, this doesn't feel cakey but I find the area looks dry by the end of the day. On some days, I find its not enough coverage so I'll follow with the Nip & Fab CC Eye Fix in light - an apricot toned concealer. It applies darker than you'd expect but somehow blends out lighter. It offers slightly more coverage than the Gosh concealer and feels more moisturising. As my undereye area is quite dry, I always apply a good eye cream before makeup. If I have time, I like to use MAC's Strobe Cream mixed with E.L.F's Eye Brightener *. Strobe cream really brightens and refreshes my eye area - mixed with e.l.f's brightener, it adds colour to conceal those dark circles. The eye brightener is a powder product so mixing it also makes it creamy and easier to blend. For extra brightening, I'll apply Rimmel's ScandalEyes Liner in nude to just under my waterline and blend in, which really gives my eyes a little extra boost in the 'looking more awake' department.

In the beauty blogging world, the most hyped concealer is no doubt the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - I've been pretty loyal to it over the past year or two. It conceals and blends beautifully, without looking cakey or oxidising. Most importantly it lasts all day and its a snip at just over £4. The only downside is of course the packaging as the writing rubs off so easily,a little annoying but I cant grumble too much as its so cheap. Now this covers most blemishes but now and again I'll get a whopper which needs something more. In that case, out comes the Becca Dual Coverage Concealer - a compact with one shade of concealer in two 'strengths': medium and extra coverage. I've only used the medium coverage so far as generally its enough but it gives more coverage than the collection concealer. This pan will cover any blemish and has saved me a few times from having a meltdown over my skin. Its blendable and lasts all day, which is exactly what I need. Shade wise its perfect and no doubt I'll repurchase it after I run out.

*pr sample

30 comments

  1. Great post! I used to use Laura Mercier's secret camouflage as it was fab for concealing dark circles. I'd like to try the Becca coverage concealer, though - looks good :) xx

    www.vivaepernay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks sarah - will have to check the LM concealer out x

      Delete
  2. great post! i love the bobbi brown corrector!

    claresloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post... I too have not found the perfect undereye concealer! I use different ones that do an ok job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks wendy - maybe we'll find a good one soon x

      Delete
  4. I suffer with dark circles so thanks for this post! I'm still yet to try the Collection concealer too!
    Love From Sammie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its such a good concealer x

      Delete
  5. I love that Becca concealer, its the only product I've ever use over collections lasting perfection xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its great for when you need a lot of concealer x

      Delete
  6. Great post!
    I love the Collection concealer, literally couldn't live without it.
    lisatakespictures xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lisa - i love it too x

      Delete
  7. Collection concealer is such a legendary item! Ive just picked up Scandel Eyes too, and its is saviour for brighten up my eyes on a Monday morning!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it makes a real difference doesnt it x

      Delete
  8. Great tips, I have never used Strobe Cream to help my dark circles but I'll give it a try tomorrow! I like the Collection concealer but I do find it can look a little cakey on me and settle into fine lines. xx

    Kat from Blushing Rose Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it can, I only use a small amount x

      Delete
  9. I also suffer from dark circles and am still trying to find my holy grail product - these are some really great ideas, the Becca concealer sounds amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I try to avoid concealer and just use foundation because concealer accentuates my dry patches and looks cakey on my skin. Recently, I have been using an eyeshadow fluffy blending brush to blend some concealer and it looks very natural. I will have to check out the ELF eye brighter.

    Laila from Townhouse Palette ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its good when mixed with a moisturiser x

      Delete
  11. I once ordered the BECCA concealer and it never arrived. Still hoping to try it one day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no thats a shame - hope you can get it at some point x

      Delete
  12. I'm a big fan of the Garnier BB Eye Roll-On for under the eyes, it's so refreshing and light :) xx

    A Little Treat | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I havent tried that as yet but I'll have to have a look at it x

      Delete
  13. Great Post! Concealer is a big thing for me as I'm always struggling with my dark under eye circles :/ I'm always looking for trying a new one, for the next order I will do on Spacenk I'll keep in mind the Becca Duo Concealer, thanks, it sounds great!

    Xx Alessia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) Its so good x

      Delete
  14. Hi I've tagged you in the Make A Dent Tag post I've done would love if you could join in http://wp.me/p4pK2J-Or

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks jess I'll take a look x

      Delete
  15. I heard the collections lasting perfection concealer is great and I'm going to look for it this weekend!

    songsberry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its so good and so cheap too x

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo