EcoTools Fresh & Flawless Complexion Set | Deluxe Fan Brush Reviews

ecotools_brushes_makeup
EcoTools brushes have been on my radar for a while. I don't think you need to spend a lot of money on makeup brushes as there are some great cheaper alternatives on the market. 

EcoTools brushes are around the same price point as Real Techniques. The brushes are made with bamboo handles, recycled aluminium ferrules and are 100% cruelty free. I've been using the Fresh & Flawless Five Piece Complexion Set - £11.99 c/o My Pure - five travel sized brushes comprising of everything you need for a smooth and flawless base. The flat concealer brush is for applying concealer or corrector to problem areas. As the brush is small, its ideal for applying straight to blemishes or those smaller areas in need. The buffing concealer brush can then be used to really blend concealer into these areas. I like to work it in small circular motions to really buff it in and with a good concealer, this brush does a really good job of making the area concealed look smooth and seamless. The precision foundation brush has a long pointed end. Personally I don't like to apply my foundation with these type of brushes (I usually use a flat kabuki) but I use it to apply foundation around the nose, which makes it much easier than a kabuki. I also like this brush for applying under eye concealer as the pointed shape let you blend right into the corner of the eye area.

ecotools_brushes

The complexion blending brush aims to achieve an airbrush finish. As I said before I prefer to use a flat kabuki for foundation and I find it creates that kind of finish so for me the complexion blending brush is ideal for applying blusher as the brush is a good size for sweeping your blush of choice over the apples of the cheeks. The full powder brush has a bigger and slightly oval shaped brush head which works perfectly at applying powder over the face without looking cakey. All these brushes feel super soft and the handles feel sturdy. I think the oriental print and coloured ferrules really makes the brush set stand out and it looks so pretty. These brushes are great for travelling with as you can easily fit them in your makeup bag. You can store them in the packaging they come with, though I think a small bag, like some of the other Eco Tools sets are packaged in would have been better. If you don't like smaller sized brushes then these wont be for you but they're really good quality and a nice travel set to own.

ecotoolsfan
ecofan

Another brush I've been using lately is the EcoTools Deluxe Fan Brush - £5.99 c/o My Pure - a multifunctional brush that can be used for highlighting, bronzer and powder for an airbrushed finish. I've been using this to apply highlighter over my cheekbone and its perfection. The brush hairs are so soft and brilliant quality. Due to the fan shape, I also think this would be a great brush for blending out blusher if you tend to apply on the heavy handed side or have a really pigmented brush. For £5.99 you really cant go wrong  - it seriously puts other brushes to shame, its that good. If you want to give EcoTools brushes a try then this brush would be the perfect starting point. 


30 comments

  1. I have a blush brush from this brand. I absolutely love it! Great post hunn! xoxo

    Beauty's Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. EcoTools are my favorite makeup brushes because I know I am getting great quality at an affordable price!

    Peace & Sunshine,
    Sammi at Sammi Sunshine- A Food Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes they're such good quality x

      Delete
  3. I've wanted to try EcoTools brushes for a while now and always gaze at them in the isles of Boots. This may be the nudge I needed. The fan brush looks awesome!

    http://gillianbarrie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its such a good brush :)

      Delete
  4. I love Ecotools brushes! I don't know why they're not more talked about. Such fantastic prices and still great quality. I've got that travel kit and love it - I use the concealer buffing brush every day and it's definitely my favourite brush for this.

    beckyisobel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never actually bought an ecotools brush but my sister has some and they look very cute! Although looks aside, they seem to be good brushes and have a great price tag compared to some brands. I might invest in the travel pack as I'm off to Liverpool in a few days and they'd definitely be nice to have.

    Great review xx

    Leanne - Makeup Blast | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ive just started to get into these brushes and love them!! I will definitely check out the fan brush :)
    Little Beauty Blog
    Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That set sounds lovely, I need to order it! Great review <3

    http://sparklyghosts.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this Eco Tools Travel Set & I love them. I think they're cute & great quality. I haven't tried anything else from them but I plan on trying a few full size brushes from them
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to get some more brushes too x

      Delete
  9. oh my gosh, i want that brush set. they're so pretty!!! i used to use eco tools since I found a small mini set at my favourite discount store, but switched over to crown brushes. I hope they have these in canada!!

    -Melissa.

    http://melissatruong.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to try that fan brush x
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never tried ecotools, need to check it out!

    Taslima | The little things in life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd like them x

      Delete
  12. Great recommendation - I really want the 5 piece travel set. Never tried these brushes before! x

    http://leahpaigejones.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're good quality so you wont be disappointed x

      Delete
  13. I might have to go out and buy that set, they look so pretty! I've had a blush brush from them for about a couple of years now, such good quality

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've had my eye on these for a while. They're so pretty with the bamboo handles and pretty designs near the brush heads and they look really good quality. The price is also great for 5 brushes. I might just make them mine one day :)

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo