First Impressions...

beauty_blog
As I try out quite a few products, first impressions can count for a lot. Sometimes you know straight away that a products not for you, other times you have give it a bit more time.
For skincare, I always give it at least two weeks before I make my mind up on how its performing - if its got a certain function, say plumping then I'll leave it up to four weeks as it needs time to work. For makeup, its a little easier as you can usually tell immediately. A few things I've been using lately are the Barry M Gelly Nail Paints. The shades sugar apple and huckleberry both scream spring. So far I've only used huckleberry and its a lovely shade. The formula is slightly thinner than I would prefer, meaning three coats is necessary but it has a really glossy finish - I'm currently rocking it on my toes but its worn well so far.
Yesterday I ran out of my beloved Anastasia Brow Wiz Pencil so had to make a quick dash to Superdrug. In the end I went with Sleeks new brow stylist, which is currently on offer for £5.99. There was only medium left on the stands - I think I'm more inbetween medium and dark judging from swatches online but I can just about pull medium off. From trying it out this morning, I'm liking it - its not a replacement for Anastasia brow wiz (brow wiz is the perfect colour match for my brows) but it glides on and has a brush for helping to comb hairs into place. Its meant to be a dupe for the Hourglass arch brow sculpting pencil which I've never used but obviously a lot cheaper. The only thing I'm not sure about is the slightly waxy formula as I prefer a standard pencil style but I'll keep using it for now.
I've bought a few new hair products recently including Schwarzkopf's Essence Ultime Omega Repair Shampoo. The ultime range is developed with Claudia Schiffer - no I'm not sure what she knows about haircare either but she has nice hair which helps. I've used this a few times and so far I'm really liking it. My hair feels much stronger, smoother and healthier without making it look a greaseball (always a bonus). I've been using it alongside the Loreal Elvive Triple Resist Reinforcing Conditioner and they work really well together. Finally, I've given the Garnier Body Ultimate Anti-Cellulite Oil a whirl. I haven't used this enough for a complete review yet and I don't expect it to be a miracle oil - lets face it if there was something out there that could make cellulite disappear I'm sure we'd all know about it by now. However, I've found my skin feels really soft and slightly firmer after use. I'm hoping to start getting on my step machine soon so I'll have to see how it works in combination with exercise and body brushing - I'm not expecting it to work on its own.

Have you tried any of these?

9 comments

  1. Thanks for the review with the Claudia Schiffer shampoo...I was curious about this...as I'd seen it for sale....think I will give it a whirl myself now. ;)

    http://vodkaandarose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the look of the sleek brow stylist! the slant on the tip really appeals.

    Catherine x

    http://www.beautyisintheeyeofthebeholder.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Barry M Nail Polish looks amazing and I need to try it :)

    http://glassow.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love the look of BarryM shades but the formula just doesn't do it for me xx

    Kat from Blushing Rose Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the review! I like it :)

    http://lavitadinerea.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried the Ultime shampoo but I have used the serum which is really good, I'd definitely recommend it! By the sounds of things the whole range is worth trying. x

    www.dizzymisselizabeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I havent seen any of those products yet but I'd love to try them. Especially the sleek brow pencil! I wish it was available at our drugstore in Canada.
    xox, michelle | alovelyallure

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have already been using Schwarzkopf's Essence Ultime Omega Repair Shampoo for couple of weeks now and it's amazing. Leaves my hair smooth and shiny.

    http://albinoskittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo