Love Me Beauty Box | April 2014

lovemebeauty_april_2014

I say this every month but this year seems to be whizzing by. This months love me beauty box arrived this morning - lasts months box was so-so in my eyes even though general consistency is better than other boxes.
If you're not familiar with the concept of love me beauty Every month, Love Me Beauty offers three beauty boxes with a variation on products so you can choose the box which suits you best. Unlike a few other beauty box brands, you know exactly which items you're going to be receiving. Although this takes away the surprise element, you know what you're spending your money on and everyone gets offered the same three boxes.
This month, I chose edition 1* which contains the following products;

Neal & Wolf Smoothing Blow Dry Balm (full size) worth £12.50
A silk smoothing blow dry balm to end tangles and frizz. Hydrating wheat protein complex provides moisture, balance and manageability resulting in sleek and straight hair. I've tried neal & wolf products before and haven't been too impressed but I'll give this a try.

Redken Colour Extend Conditioner (25ml sample size) worth 99p
A conditioner for colour treated hair to resurface the cuticle for a smooth, vibrant finish. Detangles and provides protection from fading while restoring colour vibrancy. I love Redken anti-snap so I have high hopes for this. My hair is highlighted and I'm hoping to have my hair coloured again soon so this is perfect timing!

Betty Hula Secret Wonder Oil Roller Ball (full size) worth £6.25
A new addition to the Betty Hula range - highly versatile, great smelling moisturising oil which is suitable for all skin types. It boosts the skins natural moisture barrier to promote radiance, whilst the roller ball works to encourage circulation through gentle massage. I've heard a few mixed reviews on betty hula products but this one van be used on stretch marks, scarring, sunburn and dry skin so I'm looking forward to giving this a go.

Models Own Nail Polish in coral reef (full size) worth £5
Models own polishes glide on smoothly and are hardwearing and long lasting. Coral reef is a coral red shade. I like models own but this shade isn't anything exciting. It's a nice shade for summer but I'll probably give this to my sister as it doesn't appeal to me that much.

Extras: 2 x sachets of Weleda Stretch Mark Massage Oil and a £25 voucher for hello fresh - a deliver to your door fresh food company.

I prefer this months box to last months though the contents worth of this box is less than £30 if you don't include the extras. I think the extras are a nice touch but I feel most subscribers might have preferred an extra sample instead. For me, this isn't one of love me beauty's best boxes but I still think the contents are better than rival box brands. 


12 comments

  1. Apart from the nail polish...there isn't anything else I would use...;(

    http://vodkaandarose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a few people would feel that way x

      Delete
  2. Oooh this looks like a good box, love that nail polish shade :)

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its a nice shade for spring x

      Delete
  3. I've never tried a beauty box before but this sounds like a nice one. I like that they do three different ones each month and you get to choose which ones suits you. It also looks like you get a lot and good variation of products!

    Kimberley // Kimberley's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its always good to have a choice of boxes x

      Delete
  4. I used Love Me Beauty for a few months then cancelled my subscription - kind of glad I did, the boxes never look that appealing to me any more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. best to cancel if you're not enjoying the products x

      Delete
  5. I used to be subscribed to Glossybox but I stopped that a while ago and I am looking to subscribe to a new one, this one looks pretty good, I like that you get a choice :)
    Jess x x
    A-Beautiful Secret
    A-Beautiful Secret GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that you get a choice too x

      Delete
  6. I cancelled all my subscriptions to beauty boxes as I didn't feel I was getting my moneys worth. I like that you can choose between three boxes with this one though so you can get the products that are best for you :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo