MAC Alluring Aquatic Haul & Swatches

MAC_alluring_aquatics

MAC's summer collections are always a firm favourite. Being in the UK is extra lucky as the summer collection is released here first.
I didn't expect this collection to be released for another week or two but I spotted online on Thursday and my order arrived this morning. I must admit, it arrived super fast - I used standard delivery as I missed the next day cutoff and it still arrived today. This time around I purchased three products. Having to make a wish list without seeing swatches first is tough so I just went from the colour story and descriptions on the MAC website.

MAC_Alluring_Aquatics_Collection

The packaging is so beautiful. Even the outer boxes have the water splash on. On the product packaging are 3d water splashes which fit in with the aquatic theme. I chose the sea me hear me blush, mystical lipstick and eyeshadow in lorelei.

MAC_sea_me_hear_me_blush

Sea me, hear me is an extra dimension blush in beige pink. I would describe it as a rose pink with beige undertones. The extra dimension formula blush is described by MAC as a liquid/powder with prismatic reflections. Sea me, hear me feels soft to touch and is pigmented but not overly so. I'm NC15 and though I havent tested the wear yet, on the swatch (below) I had to build up to get the colour you see. I'd imagine this is a buildable product so it wont apply to heavy on lighter skin tones. This blush has a slightly shimmery and metallic finish.

MAC_Lorelei_shadow

Lorelei an extra dimension eyeshadow in a golden beige shade with a metallic finish. The extra dimension shadows in this collection are mini sized and not the larger versions that have previously been released. Being a neutral lover, I think this shade is so beautiful. The pigmentation is incredible, better than the blush. The swatch below is literally a one finger swipe. The texture is also smooth and soft.

MAC_alluring_aquatic_swatch

MAC_mystical_lipstick 

Finally, I ordered a lipstick in mythical - a midtone creamy rose with brown undertones in a cremesheen finish. I generally find MAC lipsticks drying but my lips are naturally on the drier side anyway. The cremesheen finish feels creamy, smooth and comfortable to wear. I usually get around four hours wear with a MAC lipstick.


MAC_mystical_lipstick_swatch

I did find mystical was slightly on the sheerer side - it took several swipes to build the swatch up. However, it is a beautiful shade and goes well with the eyeshadow and blush. Overall, I'm happy with this little haul. All the lipsticks from this collection are currently sold out on the MAC website, as well as sea me, hear me but the collection should be in stores by the end of the week and its also still to go live on the Debenhams website too. Will you/have you picked anything up from this collection?

30 comments

  1. I LOVE the packaging of this collection! The eyeshadow looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely purchases - love that eyeshadow! & wow, the packaging is GORGEOUS!

    Style Sunrise

    :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The packaging of this is so so nice! I am tempted to buy some purely because of it :/ the eye shadow is a beautiful shade too, nice to see a swatch of it too so thank you!
    Sian xx
    madeinascot.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This collection is lovely and the packaging is amazing. Super impressed!!! Need that eye shadow in my life!xx

    honeypotblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This collection looks so amazing, I love the packaging. I think the I like the look of the lipsticks the most :)

    Roo xx
    meplusmymakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow I love all three of this products! Must have a look at them! xx

    lashesandblushes

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blush looks gorgeous and I love the packaging of this collection!

    emily X | emilyatsunset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. The packaging for this collection is stunning and the colours are beautiful!

    http://jenni-flower.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. The packaging is so unique! Thumbs up to them!! x

    http://celineavenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The packaging is beautiful!
    I love the blush
    Estelle x
    Let Me Go Xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! I had seen another blogger post about the collection a month or so ago, before it even came out. The packaging is absolutely beautiful and the colors look gorgeous as well! (:

    xo Jess || theduffy101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've not kept up to date with the latest Mac collections, recently I have found them a little meh. This one is gorgeous. The packaging is so nice & the products look pretty & things I would wear
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. The packaging is adorable!
    I need to check out that lipstick it looks stunning.
    TarteTanya

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG The packaging! So beautiful God its perfect for spring/summer theme. And that blush is just so beautiful <3 Im in love! Thank youa lot dear for sharing all of them looks amazing! <3

    www.beautylish-life.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my days this packaging is gorgeous! The products inside sound lovely too <3

    sparklyghosts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. This packaging is incredible! I love how detailed it is. Thank you for sharing your reviews of these products. This looks like one rad collection and now with your help I have a better idea of what I want!

    Thank you!

    xo
    That Comfort Girl

    ReplyDelete
  17. This packaging is fantastic! I love of artsy and detailed it is...so fitting for the name of this line. I'm going to have to grab me some of these products and thanks to your review I have a better idea of what I am going to get.

    Thanks so much!

    xo
    That Comfort Girl

    ReplyDelete
  18. These look very pretty.
    L x
    Http://workingmumy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am definitely picking up the blush and eyeshadow. SO stunning. The packaging definitely wins me over.


    www.melissatee.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I didn't think I would like the packaging (judging by promo pics) but OMG it's gorgeous <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just cannot deal with how beautiful this packaging is. I am going to treat myself to some stuff from this collection later today! :) Your picks are fab.
    x

    Naomii
    www.xglitterbomb.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love! I ordered both the Bronzer MSF regret not purchasing a lipstick now as they're all sold out!
    KKKIRANXOXO
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. The eyeshadow is so stunning, beautiful. Amazing packaging too, it's very different

    Claudia xx | Beauty and the Chic

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh gosh I want something from this collection just for the packaging! I would normally go for a lipstick but I don't think I actually like any of the shades available, they're not really bright enough for me x

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  25. Argh I LOVE the packaging! none of the colours really stand out to me, which I'm taking as a good thing because otherwise I think I would have handed over lots of pennies in return for the stunning packaging! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the packaging of this collection so much! :)

    http://www.youtube.com/porridgenpickles89

    ReplyDelete
  27. wow i need the lipstick! such a gorgeous shade and as everyone else had said, the packaging is completely stunning! xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful lip colour xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo