MeMeMe Cosmetics & The Best Mascara Ever?

mememe_cosmetics

Mememe cosmetics is a brand I first tried several years ago. I cant even remember what the product was so fair to say that it didn't leave an everlasting impression. Since then, mememe have been given an image overhaul with their inspiration from Ancient Greece and their branding based on a celebration of free spirits.
I recently received a few items to try out and I've been giving them a whirl over the past two weeks. First up is the Arch Angel Shape & Define Tinted Brow Gel and Highlighting Cream - £8.50. My brows are quite sparse, I'm still trying to grow them out a little but typically I use a brow pencil to make them look thicker.

mememe_brows

The Arch Angel has two sections - a mascara style wand and brow tint at one end and doe foot applicator with highlighter at the other. I've been using the brow tint over my brow pencil to set my brow shape. As its tinted it fills in any hairs I've missed, making my brows look fuller and it keeps the hairs in place all day, which is something a brow pencil alone fails to achieve. The wand is also the perfect size for combing through brow hairs, meaning you can comb right into the corners of your brows. Having a two in one brow product is a genius idea. The highlighter is great for applying under your brows to lift and illuminate. Colour wise its a a pearly cream shade which blends easily into the skin. I love using arch angel for giving my brows that extra lift and definition, however to my knowledge there is only one shade of tint available (a dark brown) so for anyone fair haired this wont be for you, though its very possible they may release a lighter shade in future.

mememe_eyes

Moving on and up next is the mememe dew pot - £7.25. Dew pots are cream shadows - I have the shade hollow haze,a light shimmery beige. There's a real lack of cream shadows on the high street and I had no idea what to expect from these. Packaging wise, they look a little like MAC paints pots. I found the best way to apply is with fingers due to the creamy formula. Texture wise, dew posts are thinner and have more slip than MAC paint pots or Bobbi Brown's cream shadows. I found the dew pot does need a bit more work, the first time I tried it, I applied far too much and it creased really easily. It's best worn over a primer and applied in thin layers until dry to ensure it lasts all day. Hollow haze is a really pretty shade but it does take a bit of effort to make sure it works.
Saving the best til last, a new addition to the mememe range is the dark & divine mascara - £8. Dark & divine is a glossy, jet black mascara in a plastic gold tube. I've always struggled to find a good reasonably priced mascara. I've tried a lot of 'drugstore' options and nothing has ever worked well. My lashes need a real boost so I normally use either of Benefit's mascaras - both do a decent job but neither are perfect. I had little expectation when I tried mememe's offering but it has blown me away. The wand is flexible so it makes it super easy to apply. The formula is just perfect, neither dry or too wet - it adds length, volume and definition to my lashes without making them look clumpy. I use two coats and it completely transforms my lashes like no other mascara has. This has completely become my holy grail mascara and is the best mascara I've used. That's a pretty bold statement but I've been looking for a very long time for a great mascara and for £8 its such a bargain. Mememe products are available to buy via the website but there are a few items on Amazon too. 

22 comments

  1. Wow that brow product looks gorgeous, definitely need to check some of these out!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its not a brand I hear a lot about but these products are really nice x

      Delete
  2. The cream shadow looks beautiful! I didn't know of Mememe brand, I need to find it so I can try that dew pot!

    xx
    https://www.analeote.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're going to be branching out more this year x

      Delete
  3. Must try get my hands on the mascara :) great post! :)
    X

    http://lifeisbeauty1994.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to try that mascara, it sounds amazing! <3

    sparklyghosts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have to try that mascara! Seems to be amazing! :) xx

    http://marybloomy.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to get the brow product the highlighter looks amazing! ive heard so much good stuff about this

    www.beautyandtheboy.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right about the lack of cream eyeshadows! The mascara sounds lovely though x

    http://celineavenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the mascara is a real standout x

      Delete
  8. I want to try this! I want a good brow product, my brows are my everythings!

    Great Post! xoxo

    Beauty's Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice review!
    Great to discover new products via your posts!
    Have a fab day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the concept of the arch angel! I do hope they come out with a lighter shade xx

    A Little Treat | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the eyeshadow pot ..it looks soo pretty and great for everyday wear!
    http://sarazbeautytonic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. its a very pretty shade x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo