Pale Girls Can Bronze & Contour...

bronzers

Being a pale girl, I always avoided any kind of bronzer or contour powder. Since starting a beauty blog, I've realised that theres so many makeup choices out there and something to suit every skin tone - you just have to find it.
Luckily, I've found a few products that really work and the good news is they don't cost the earth. Contouring can really make a difference to your face shape. Who doesn't want chiseled cheekbones, even if they have to be created by hand. The best powder I've found so far for contouring is the NYX Blush in taupe. Taupe is matte cool grey toned brown, with a soft, smooth and blendable texture. With this, I use a real techniques contour brush or angled blush brush and apply a small amount. I'm no makeup artist but sucking your cheeks in is a key move in my contouring application. I then apply nyx taupe in the 'dip' just under the apples of my cheeks (very technical words there ha) and sweep up. I then blend like a bitch (aka, blend, blend, blend until it looks seamless).  After this, I apply a blush over the top of my cheeks. I have no idea if this is the right way to contour but it works for me and most of all looks natural.
For bronzing, I love The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder in light - reviewed/swatched here. This powder isn't muddy or too red toned like many bronzers are so its perfect for paler skin tones. I also have oily skin but as honey bronze is a matte powder it looks natural and stays put throughout the day. It blends so well too, I like to use either a large powder or fan brush and it adds a real healthiness to my complexion. Definitely one to check out. Now, I do love a matte finish but sometimes a girl needs a little shimmer and thats when the VIVO Baked Bronzer (swatched here) comes in. Even though this has shimmer in, its not full disco ball - you can sweep a little on for a subtle look. I prefer this for an evening look as a subtle highlight and it gives a really lovely glow. I have the lightest shade, which I cant find online but it may still be in Tesco stores? If you can get hold of it, its a great bronze/highlight for all pale ladies!


22 comments

  1. I love NYX Taupe blush for contour! It looks SO natural!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard only good things about the Nyx blush in taupe, a lot of people use it to contour and I really need to get my hands on it!
    The Honey Bronze powder is soo good, I just love it and I don't own one because I'm lazy but anytime I can I borrow from my friend :)

    xx
    http://www.analeote.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard such good things about the Body shop bronzer!
    Lovely post

    Laura | Laurzrah xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I've always been weary of contouring as I've never known what to use being a pale girl! Will definitely be trying out the Nyx product though!

    http://jenni-flower.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this post! x
    http://www.catchingdreamsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so helpful!! I sometimes find that the bronzers I've tried are really orange and possibly suited to more tanned skin. I will definitely be checking these products out!
    Little Beauty Blog
    Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heared alot of good things about The Body Shop Bronzer and I think its time for me to give it a try since I have a pale skin and its really ahrd to find bronzer to use for paale skins. Thank you dear for sharing ! <3 ^_^

    www.beautylish-life.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm very pale so this post is ideal. I love the Body Shop bronze range, luckily it never looks orange on!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  9. That NYX blush sounds amazing.
    Great tips! :)
    TarteTanya

    ReplyDelete
  10. They all seem perfect. I have Taupe but haven't used it yet. I'm not pale so I hope it suits me x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post is a godsend - I have extremely pale skin and have been looking for a bronzer that won't make me look orange. The Body Shop one looks especially lovely, I'm a sucker for cute packaging! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have wanted to try that Body Shop bronzer for so long, but I always forget to pick it up. I really need to get on that. ;)

    Hilary x | TheBeautyCollective

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really enjoyed reading this post as I'm pale as well so I struggle finding bronzers to suit my skin tone too xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I need to go and get myself a honey bronzer! I find red undertones look terrible on my pale skin as it just draws attention to the redness in my cheeks! Mac blush in Harmony is also quite a good contour for pale girls :)
    Sian x
    madeinascot.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really want to try the Body Shop Bronzer, sounds so lovely! x

    A Little Treat | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing these! Next time I'm in TBS I'll take a look at the Honey Bronzer x

    WOMANOUK (beauty and portrait drawings)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm definitely going to look for one of these!

    songsberry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great products! I love all of them! xx
    cherieedle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wish we had NYX in the UK, I'm desperate to try out the blush! Great post :)

    www.heavenlyclutter.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never heard of these! Definitely gonna check them out :)

    justvenaagain.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Body Shop bronzer has been on my list of things to purchase for far too long! Must get my hands on it :) x

    http://stylesunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is super helpful! I have the NYX taupe blush lying around somewhere in my make up draw...just never thought to use it as a contour powder.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo