Pale Girls Can Bronze & Contour...
Being a pale girl, I always avoided any kind of bronzer or contour powder. Since starting a beauty blog, I've realised that theres so many makeup choices out there and something to suit every skin tone - you just have to find it.
Luckily, I've found a few products that really work and the good news is they don't cost the earth. Contouring can really make a difference to your face shape. Who doesn't want chiseled cheekbones, even if they have to be created by hand. The best powder I've found so far for contouring is the NYX Blush in taupe. Taupe is matte cool grey toned brown, with a soft, smooth and blendable texture. With this, I use a real techniques contour brush or angled blush brush and apply a small amount. I'm no makeup artist but sucking your cheeks in is a key move in my contouring application. I then apply nyx taupe in the 'dip' just under the apples of my cheeks (very technical words there ha) and sweep up. I then blend like a bitch (aka, blend, blend, blend until it looks seamless). After this, I apply a blush over the top of my cheeks. I have no idea if this is the right way to contour but it works for me and most of all looks natural.
For bronzing, I love The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder in light - reviewed/swatched here. This powder isn't muddy or too red toned like many bronzers are so its perfect for paler skin tones. I also have oily skin but as honey bronze is a matte powder it looks natural and stays put throughout the day. It blends so well too, I like to use either a large powder or fan brush and it adds a real healthiness to my complexion. Definitely one to check out. Now, I do love a matte finish but sometimes a girl needs a little shimmer and thats when the VIVO Baked Bronzer (swatched here) comes in. Even though this has shimmer in, its not full disco ball - you can sweep a little on for a subtle look. I prefer this for an evening look as a subtle highlight and it gives a really lovely glow. I have the lightest shade, which I cant find online but it may still be in Tesco stores? If you can get hold of it, its a great bronze/highlight for all pale ladies!
- ► 2015 (81)
- An Amazing Base Under £7...
- MAC Alluring Aquatic Haul & Swatches
- Ebay Finds | April 2014
- Wavy Hair Made Easy
- New Beauty For May 2014
- Rediscovering Burberry Pale Barley Eyeshadow
- Five Ways To Feel More Positive!
- Pale Girls Can Bronze & Contour...
- Viktor & Rolf Bon Bon Review
- MAC Era | The Underrated MAC Shadow
- First Impressions...
- The Best Free Online Photo Editing Sites
- Originality in Blogging | How To Stand Out
- First Base | Primers
- MeMeMe Cosmetics & The Best Mascara Ever?
- Concealing Dark Circles & Blemishes
- How to add social media icons to blog posts!
- Love Me Beauty Box | April 2014
- Paul Mitchell Super Strong Liquid Treatment
- Kate Moss For Rimmel | Urban Bohemian & Idol Eyes ...
- Revlon Shadow Links Review
- EcoTools Fresh & Flawless Complexion Set | Deluxe ...
- Tried & Tested: 5 Beauty Tips That Dont Work!
- Giveaway!Win MAC Goodies With Cohorted
- How To Blog When You're Broke
- A 99p MAC 217 Dupe
- HTML Tips: How To Resize Blog Photos To The Same S...
- 4 Great Pink Blushes For Pale/Medium Skin Tones
- Colour Infusion | Bright Makeup Picks
- Win a Beauty Bundle With Baobella!
- ▼ April (30)
- ► 2013 (269)