Rediscovering Burberry Pale Barley Eyeshadow

Burberry_shadow

Once upon a time (okay, it was 2012) I had a little love affair with Burberry's sheer eyeshadow in pale barley. Since then, its been sidelined for other variants but as its been a recent rediscovery, I think its worth talking about again.
Pale barley is my only dalliance with the brand. Being a neutral lover, I spied a swatch of this online and it just looked right up my street. The quality of pale barley is top level, in fact I think you'd be had pressed to find a better quality eyeshadow, its that good! The texture is insane - soft, smooth, highly pigmented. Shade wise, pale barley is cool toned medium gold brown with a little shimmer and really flattering. I'd imaging most skin tones would be able to pull it off.

I am a sucker for nice packaging and this compact is extremely luxurious. The pan is housed in a metal case with magnetic closure and it arrives in a velvet pouch. I did have a 'what are you thinking' moment when I purchased pale barley as its £22.50 but this is really a case of quality doesnt come cheap. I would 100% buy another shade despite the price tag - I've got my eye on rosewood, even though it looks similar to MAC's satin taupe in swatches but my excuse is you can never have too many neutrals. This is how I justify my shopping ha! Have you tried any Burberry makeup?

14 comments

  1. Cool eyeshadow! I am not really a fan of colorful eyeshadows and stick to neutral color. So this is perfect for me! :)

    MyFashionFixes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to try anything from Burberry makeup.
    BUT this eye shadow seems like a great start!
    Lovely post! :)
    TarteTanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so beautiful! I'm not sure I could bring myself to spend so much on just one eyeshadow though, perhaps unless I really loved it!

    Catherine, xo | Lady Liquor Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. havent tried anything from this brand...heard about its foundation alot though.would love to give it a try!
    http://sarazbeautytonic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried any Burberry makeup but this looks like a beautiful shade!

    http://jenni-flower.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried this yet and I need to because it's so beautiful! :)

    http://glassow.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a couple of Burberry eyeshadows. The formula is second to none :)

    Honey Go-Lightly

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful colour, I'm all for little luxuries, especially when the packaging is as classy as this one. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the look of this eyeshadow, it's definitely a colour I would wear every day! Thanks for sharing :) xo

    Natalie | Shabby Chic and Tea♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard great things about Burberry Beauty! This looks like a lovely little eyeshadow.

    Something about Carey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great color! I love little mini treats like these. This is a great pick, so versatile.
    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is my favourite eyeshadow ever! The quality is insane :) I also want to pick another on up if I'm ever in London :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like this shade! I'm surprised that it's highly pigmented because the palette I have from Burberry is really lightly pigmented..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo