Revlon Shadow Links Review

revlon_shadowlinks
Revlon shadow links have been a recent purchase of mine. I completely forgot these were being released until I found them in Boots. Usually I search online for swatches/reviews before I buy makeup but with these I just ended up grabbing three shades on the spot.
If these were marketed as regular shadows then I probably would'nt have been as keen on buying these but I'm a sucker for packaging. Revlon shadow links are individual shadows that connect together for a customiseable palette. Theres currently 20 shades available in the UK with metallic, matte, satin and pearl finishes. I have petal, oyster and peacock.
Petal is a pale pink shade with satin finish, oyster is gold/white with a metallic finish and peacock is a blue/green with a pearl finish. They retail for £2.99 each but they're pretty small for full size shadows. The packaging is pretty sturdy considering the size and they link together easily. Formula wise, these are so disappointing. Both petal and oyster are dry, powdery and lack pigmentation. Peacock feels smoother but has little pigmentation. Peacock wore longer than the other two shades - as oyster and petal are extremely powdery they apply very sheer so even over a primer they have little staying power.

revlon_swatches

It may be that some shades are better than others but you have to wonder how some products end up making it to the shop floor when they perform this badly. These had such great potential and the concept is really good but unless they change the formula, I wont be giving these a go again. 


29 comments

  1. I was going to say £2.99 is a good price for Revlon but then I saw how little pigment they have so maybe the price is now understandable! Nice idea though that you can link different ones together x

    http://leahpaigejones.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah its a good idea just a shame they're so bad x

      Delete
  2. I didn't know you can actually link them up, kinda Inglot-esque. Shame they're not that brill! x

    Tereza // Cityscape Bliss: My favourite hair styling range

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're so disappointing x

      Delete
  3. I bought these too when they came out because I thought the concept was a great idea! but then I never use the shadows I bought at all because they aren't even that amazing. And at the price I could probably buy a better Essence or Wet n Wild palette since they're pretty pricey individually for something so small. Pretty disappointing Revlon!!

    www.melissatee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah they could do so much better.

      Delete
  4. I've wanted these really badly and thought they'd be really good. The packaging idea is so good but they look really awful! So gutted. I hope some other brands copy the idea but with better eyeshadows haha x

    beckyisobel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it would be good to other brands do something like this x

      Delete
  5. I agree the concept is good, but the colour pay off looks poor. I might swatch a few of the darker shades & see what they're like
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. some shades might be better but best swatching in store first x

      Delete
  6. Wow, the idea is really good but I have never seen such bad pigmentation... pitty.

    Blu Button Box

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're probably the worst shadows I've tried

      Delete
  7. Before I even read what you'd written I thought to myself that they looked really washed out. Such a shame. I just bought the Make Up Academy (MUA) Heaven on Earth palette from Superdrug. It's £4 and you get 12 shades and all of them are really pigmented. I'd definitely recommend them for budget eyeshadows :)

    www.dizzymisselizabeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mua do some really good products x

      Delete
  8. I swatched these in store the other day & was so disappointed! It's still a pretty cool idea though :)

    Taslima | The little things in life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its a good idea just rubbish shadows haha :)

      Delete
  9. really liked the sound of these, but don't think i'll pick them up after reading this!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there are better shadows out there x

      Delete
  10. Ahh what a shame! I thought the concept of these looked so good, but for that price I'm not surprised they weren't the greatest - seems like more money should have been put into this, as the idea is so cool! xx

    www.getting---there.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they could have been so good if the formula had been right x

      Delete
  11. The idea is great to build your own "link" but the shades didn't impress me at all, and now I'm glad I didn't get any since the pigmentation seems so weak. Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no its so underwhelming x

      Delete
  12. the packaging is really nice. but the pigmentation looks just okay. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah they're just not very good x

      Delete
  13. Too bad about the pigmentation. I'll skip these x


    WOMANOUK (beauty and portrait drawings)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was looking at these with my mum the other day and nearly bought some, really glad I didn't after reading this, going to have to save up and start a mac palette :) I wish the drugstore would up their game when it comes to eyeshadows x

    EmmiHearts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there are some decent shadows on the high street just not these sadly x

      Delete
  15. I totally agree about these. I tried an aqua colored one this morning and it barely had any color at all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo