Wavy Hair Made Easy

easy_beach_waveshair

Having thick hair, trying to get my hair into any kind of hairstyle is a challenge. Luckily with a few products, tools and a bit of patience I've found a routine for wavy hair that works!

This isnt really a tutorial as its pretty straightforward enough but I'll go through the steps. On my hair, I need some heat to style so I used the Toni & Guy Deep Barrel Waver* to create beachy style waves.

beach_hair

The deep barrel waver is a jumbo style waver to create waves with a 32mm barrel and ceramic tourmaline plates to protect hair and colour. It heats up super quick and upto 200 C - I put it on the hottest setting as my hair is really thick. I placed my hair into sections and used the styler on the underneath section of hair first. With these plates I placed them over my hair and clamped them for around 20-30 seconds. On thinner hair you wouldnt need to hold them for as long. I found with this styler, you need to clamp and unclamp the tool as you move down the hair, otherwise it wont work. I did this for my whole hair and it took around 30-40 minutes but as I said, my hair is really thick so it always takes quite a long time to style. Before using the waver, I sprayed each section of hair with the Loreal Elnett Satin Heat Protect Styling Spray. I love this spray as not only does it protect from heat damage but it smells incredible and rules out any flyaway hairs, which is something I get a lot of even when I go to a salon.

textured_hair

After using the hair styler, I spritzed the Vo5 Give Me Texture Dry Texturising Spray underneath my roots to give it a bit more volume and body. so far I'm liking this spray but you need to spray it from a distance or it leaves a white cast on your hair. Finally, on the ends of my hair I used Fudge's Salt Spray* to add extra texture and hold. This stuff smells incredible as it has a coconutty scent. 
This is a really easy hair routine for anyone wanting to create waves in their hair. Using a texture spray gave my hair a slight beachy effect and kept my hair in place all day. I created this style yesterday but after sleeping on it and brushing my hair it dropped out today just leaving a slight wave in my hair so its best suited for an event. Whats your favourite routine for creating waves or curls?


2 comments

  1. I'd love to give this a try. I have really thick hair too, but I love to have waves and curls in it and it takes me ages. I'm always on the lookout for new styling tools. I already have both the VO5 texturising spray and Fudge Salt spray and love them both. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo