5 Great Beauty Products Under £5 | Makeup, Nails and Hair

beauty_products_under_fivepounds

I'm a big fan of high street beauty products. Sure, I love my high end treats but I probably spend more time looking at products in Boots and Superdrug than anywhere else. Last year, I wrote a post called five beauty products under £5 (you can view that here) but I wanted to do an update to that post and make it a little more in depth.
I've also purchased a few more products since then, so it I think now is a good time to have a look at some of the best beauty products under £5.

MAKEUP
There's quite a lot of makeup under £5 on the high street with brands, such as MUA and Make Up Revolution offering lower priced items. My personal favourites at the moment include the Beauty UK Baked blush in Halo £3.99. This is a gorgeous light pink/champagne highlighter thats incredibly soft and pigmented. Its one of the nicest highlighters I've tried and a bargain for only £3.99 - you can see it swatched in this post.
For concealer, its really no surprise that the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer £4.19 makes the cut. I've repurchased this several times as it provides good coverage and doesn't look cakey. I find some concealers can look quite orange toned on my pale skin but this one is the perfect shade. I don't use this under my eyes as its a bit too heavy but for small blemishes and imperfections, it does an amazing job. A product I do like to use on my eyes to brighten them is the Rimmel Scandaleyes Liner in nude £3.99. I also have this in silver too - they're soft, pigmented and don't drag across the skin. Nude is great for making eyes look more awake. I like to blend it in with a brush and it really helps to perk up the skin around the eye area. 
A new addition to my makeup collection is the Maybelline Eyestudio Eyeshadow in iced fudge £4.09. This pretty taupe shade is pigmented and soft, though it does feel powdery. Luckily when applying, it doesn't kick up too much powder and blends perfectly. For lips, I really like the NYX lipsticks, in particular haute melon £4.91 (amazon). Haute melon is a creamy coral red/orange with a semi-opaque finish - I swatched it in this post. I have a few NYX lipsticks and they're good value for money. They're not the most longlasting but they typically have good pigmentation and feel very comfortable to wear. There's also a wide variety of shades. NYX pumpkin pie is a nice dupe for MAC's shy girl lipstick - you can see the two compared here.

five_nailpolishes_under_fivepounds

NAILS
With nail polish, I've found a few really nice shades on the high street. I love the Barry M Gelly Nail Polishes in huckleberry and sugar apple  £3.99. These spring shades have an extra glossy finish and only need two coats to be fully opaque. I havent tried many barry m products but these polishes have me wanting to try more. 
Models Own £4.99 are best known for their polishes. They have pretty much every shade and finish you can think of. I own a few shades and all of them are good quality. I have tried their glitter polishes in the past and I found them quite gloopy, so for me the everyday shades are the best. For top coats, I really recommend the Maybelline Color Show Polishes. I also really like the shade pow green £3.99 as its such an unusual shade. Finally, I'm throwing a cheat item into the mix. Essie have some amazing shades, which you can pick up for just £2.50 on fragrance direct. I find them to be generally opaque in two coats, are non streaky and are fairly long wearing. A bargain if you can find them discounted.

five_hair_products_under_fiver

SKIN & HAIR
As well as makeup and nails, I wanted to give a quick mention to some hair and skincare products. I've mentioned the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water £4.99 before and I really think it is the best micellar water at the lower end of the price range. It removes makeup without feeling sticky or drying and you get a big 400ml bottle for the price. Far better value than Loreal or Nivea. Another skincare product I rate is The Body Shop Born Lippy Pot Balm in strawberry £2*. This balm smells delicious as well as being hydrating and giving the lips a red tint. I'm not a fan of the pot as its not overly hygienic but its a really lovely formula and a cheap buy too.
For hair, there are several good options out there. Having oily roots, I recently bought the Boots Expert Build Up Removal Shampoo £3.49 (I can find it online but it should be instore). This shampoo is great for deep cleansing without stripping the hair or making it look oilier. Its recommended to use once a week as its more of a detox than daily shampoo but I would definitely give it a go if you have oily hair or get a build up of product in your hair. For oily hair days, otherwise known as those in-between washes, I like to spritz the Dove Refresh & Care Dry Shampoo £4.59. This stuff not only smells incredible but it refreshes without that grey cast that dry shampoos often leave. It doesnt feel too heavy either and it adds a lil bit of body too. I cant mention Dove haircare without talking about the Dove Nourishing Oil Care Leave-in Conditioning Spray £3.59. Again this has a great smell and contains almond, coconut and argan oil to condition. You can spray this on wet or dry hair and it just gives that extra bit of hydration without weighing down the hair feeling sticky or yucky. Its the kind of product that makes hair styling a pleasure to use - a definite must have in my book!

I would love to know if you've tried any of these products or if you have any suggestions of great products under £5?


28 comments

  1. Love this post! That baked blush looks so gorgeous, and I'm definitely with you on the Collection concealer and Dove sprays.

    Catherine, xo // Lady Liquor

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Collection Concealer is indeed a steal! x

    Shang J. | The Feminine Crusade

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Boots Build Up Removal Shampoo - it's so, so good and such a bargain. The Collection concealer is wonderful of course :) I really want to dry the Maybelline eyeshadow - that is a beautiful shade.

    Beccy // Bluebell & Bumpkin

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely love nyx lipsticks and essie nail polishes! Lovely post xx Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tried a couple of the Maybelline Color Show's and i like them too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed reading this post, I love a bargain buy! Natural Collection do some great blushers on a budget and MUA have some awesome shadow palettes x

    http://anna-blush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous20.5.14

    Awesome post! So useful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow it's amazing how many good products you can buy without spending a fortune! Going to try out the dove dry shampoo, hopefully it will be better than the tresemme one that I'm using now! :-)

    www.itschelsea.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love your blog! Wondering if you would like to do a guest post on ours? IT will help promote you and your blog! www.lvbhstyle.com email me at victoria@lvbhstyle.com if you are interested!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do like the Dove Dry shampoo to refresh, but I does not really give me volume Batiste gives. But Batiste is bit too much. I just want combination of the two.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was so eager to try Bioderma, but the Garnier cleansing water hit Australian shelves at the exact same time so I went for the cheaper option. It does the job so well, I don't feel the need to even try Bioderma anymore!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. After reading this, I really want to try the BeautyUK baked blush, the two Rimmel eyeliners and the concealer - I really enjoyed this post and it's hard to find good quality products so cheap sometimes.

    Thank you xo
    wink-beauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some great picks here, I really want to try the Beauty UK highlighter! Hair care wise I really love Boots Coconut & Almond range as it's so cheap and works wonders for my hair x

    Charlotte / coloursandcarousels

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really need to try the Barry M Gelly polishes, the colours are gorgeous for summer.

    I'm always on the look out for a makeup remover that's not too oily so the Garnier cleansing waters is a must for my pay day wishlist ;) Have you tried it with waterproof makeup?

    Keli xx

    http://kelskurls.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a bunch of amazing products. I use so many of these personally and i love how inexpensive they are and work so well. The beauty UK highlighter is so pretty and i love how affordable it is.

    Thank you for sharing, i hope you have a lovely day!

    Ying ♥ || *- YingcBeauty-*
    X x X x X

    ReplyDelete
  16. SUCH a great post! Some of my favs and some new ones to try! I want that Garnier water so badly and haven't seen it at my pharmacy yet!!!
    Thanks for sharing these deals.

    Kallie / But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all the products you have mentioned. Great post :) x

    http://leahpaigejones.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the look of the ScandalEyes lip crayons in Nude and Silver - will definitely be purchasing them soon!
    http://miararaa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Recently I bought a Boots Seventeen Mirror Shine lipstick in the colour Beehive and I love it! I've been using it almost everyday for the past week or so as it's such a lovely light, daytime pink colour so it's really easy to wear. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the look of that highlighter xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Barry M is definitely one of my favourites for budget nail polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great post! NEED to try the Beauty UK baked blush looks beautiful
    Thank you!!!

    Rachael x

    ReplyDelete
  23. In love with the selection of colours of the nail polishes! And everything seems so cheap in the UK compared to NZ TAT..

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this post, those nail colours are all so pretty!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fab picks! There are definitely some amazing beauty bargains out there. x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the Boots build up removal shampoo, I use it around once a week also to get rid of product build up! This is a great post!

    makeupbyjesswhitbread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great post! I love the baked blush but I've never heard of that brand before, where did you go to buy it? I couldn't see it in Superdrug.

    Tsui.
    Fashion Ganache.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo