Lifestyle Favourites

beauty_blog_UK

I rarely post anything other than beauty on here but today I'm stepping outside the beauty box to share some of my favourite none beauty products of the last few weeks.

new_look

My current go to for clothes is either ASOS or New Look. New Look especially has really upped its game in recent years. I used to find things in there quite tacky but there are so many nice things in there right now and I don't find it overpriced either. On a recent shopping trip, I spotted these printed trousers on a mannequin (at first glance I thought it was an actual person ha) and they looked really lovely, especially for £17.99. Other than leggings, I don't really wear trousers - I only recently bought a pair of jeans for the first time in years but these are really comfy, true to size and have a really nice tribal print. You can see them better on the website here. They also come in tall and petite but I went for standard size and they are fine - I'm 5"4 but have to take petite size in maxi skirts. I also picked up this top at weekend to go with them. I'm trying to inject more colour in my wardrobe this summer instead of the usual black and grey.

beauty_blogger

On the book front, I've been really slack this year but two books I have read are Life After Life by Kate Atkinson and The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion. I'm rubbish at writing book reviews so I'll spare you but very briefly Life After Life is about a young woman in the 1900's who keeps being reborn. In each life, there is a different set of circumstances and characters. Its a really interesting read but overall I felt the book was too long and the ending fell a bit flat. Its worth a read but it doesn't have the wow factor. In contrast, The The Rosie Project is an amazing read. Sure, its lighthearted but its funny without being cliched. Its definitely in the romantic comedy bracket and I always feel like a lot of male characters in these type of books are made out to be flawless, whereas the the male lead in this book exposes his flaws and endearingly so. If you're looking for a good holiday read or just a good book then give this one a try!


I very rarely buy dvd's anymore as I usually wait until they're on TV but I'd seen a few good reviews of this film and I love Hugh Jackman. This film is about two young girls going missing so its pretty heavy, however it was very watchable and the acting is superb. It takes a while to get into but theres a twist at the end, which I didn't see coming. If I was a film critic (lets pretend for a minute) I'd give it 4/5.

mug

Discount stores are somewhere I venture in now and again as you never know what you might find. I found this cute squirrel mug for just 99p in Home Bargains. Its slightly on the small side but you cant really complain for 99p. I've found some really nice baking things in there as well, which I might have to buy soon.

bathandbodyworks

I'm cheating slightly by putting this in the mix but I love Bath&Body Works pocketbacs. I wish we had a Bath & Body works in the UK as I would buy a tonne of these but I settled on three from Ebay. My favourite of the bunch is Mango Hibiscus, which smells incredible. I like these as they don't have that alcohol scent that many anti-bacterial gels have. I've managed to convert my family to buying these as they're always handy to have around the house and in your bag.


6 comments

  1. The Squirrel mug is really sweet, that's something I would buy too :)
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bath and Body Works has amazing smelling hand gels! Mango Hibiscus is one of my favorites! xx Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, that mug is so cute! I love it!!

    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mug - super cute!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw Prisoners too a while back, it's a great movie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo