Love Me Beauty Box | May 2014

love_me_beauty_box

This post is so late, seeing as we are almost in June. Nevertheless, its still available to purchase so I'll do a quick roundup of my thoughts on this months box.

If you're not familiar with the concept of love me beauty Every month, Love Me Beauty offers three beauty boxes with a variation on products so you can choose the box which suits you best. Unlike a few other beauty box brands, you know exactly which items you're going to be receiving. Although this takes away the surprise element, you know what you're spending your money on and everyone gets offered the same three boxes. This month, I chose edition 1*, which included;

Nail Girls Nail Polish - Nude Pink (full size) £13.50
A nude sheer baby pink polish. I'm not familiar with this brand  and I think I may have a different shade in my box to the one advertised on the card - theres no shade name on the bottle so I'm not sure but it looks like a medium pink shade. Either way, I'll give it go. I don't own any shades this colour so its something different for me. Not a unique shade but a nice one for summer.

Raw Skincare Natural Lipbalm - Hint of Mint (full size) £1.98
A cooling lip balm to protect and calm sore dry lips. This is the least exciting product in this months box in my eyes. I have a few lip balms and this one smells very strongly of mint,which isn't a smell I'm crazy about. Its good to see a natural skincare brand in the box though.

GO Stationery Pocket Notebook Set - Vintage Daisy (full size) £5
Three handbag sized notebooks in dainty flower and polka dots designs. Even though this isn't a beauty product, I thought it was a genius idea to include these. I love stationery, especially notebooks so I'm really happy to see these included. I haven't previously heard of GO stationery but I've taken a look at their website and theres a few cute things on there.

Suti Trial Pack - Cleanse Balm, Purity Balm and Fabulous Foot Balm (trial size) £6.50
A trio of trial size versions of: cleanse balm - draws out impurities for cleansed skin, purity balm - soothes the skin and fabulous foot balm - nourishing balm for dry and tired feet. I think I've used a suti moisturiser in the past so I'm looking forward to giving these a go. I always like seeing skincare in beauty boxes and trial sizes of three products means there should be something for everyone.

Tea Pigs - Chocolate Flake Tea (3 tea bags) 65p each
A blend of tea and hint of dark chocolate. I do love tea but I've never really heard of chocolate tea before. I think hot chocolate lovers may like this. However I'm possibly the only person on the planet who loves chocolate, yet hates hot chocolate drinks. 

Overall, I think this month is a mixed bag. I don't think its the best box I've seen from Love Me Beauty but its not a dud either. I'm really looking forward to using the suti skincare and the notebooks are really pretty. The rest I'm not too keen on. However, I do like that Love Me Beauty includes less well known brands as I think a beauty box should do this, rather than a selection of things that you might already have. I still think Love Me Beauty is better certain other brands. I almost signed up for a particular beauty box this month when I saw a great box that another blogger reviewed. However, having seen that a lot of other people received different and in my eyes, poorer products it completely put me off.  With love me beauty, you're being offered the same boxes as others, which is what sets them apart in my opinion. Hopefully next months box will be good 'un!

Have you subscribed to any beauty boxes?


15 comments

  1. I really want to try this box! I love the idea of being able to choose a box. I'm exactly the same, I hate chocolate drink but love chocolate so although I love Tea Pigs I've never tried the chocolate tea. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'll have to have a look at tea pigs x

      Delete
  2. I'm a Birchbox girl! Think I like the surprise element as much as the products inside!
    Han x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah this does lack the surprise feature :)

      Delete
  3. I love that they include a variety of lifestyle items as well, it's not just the typical beauty box. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its something different :)

      Delete
  4. Love the GO stationery notebook! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Love Me Beauty, but this month was so disappointing I didn't bother to renew my month. I may in June, depending on what they come up with.
    Angie x
    www.chocolateandlipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah the good thing is you can cancel when you want x

      Delete
  6. you got lovely stuffs! nice pictures <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really lovely box!
    thank you for th presentation!
    Have a fab week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a good beauty subscription! Is this available in the US? http://ahintoflace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo