Nivea Sensitive 3in1 Micellar Cleansing Water Review

Nivea _Micellar_Cleansing_Water

Micellar waters have become hugely popular in the beauty world over the past few years. Luckily, a few high street brands have jumped on the wagon and brought out their own versions so we don't need to splash out on a bottle of bioderma.

I've tried a few of the micellar waters available - I compared the famous Bioderma and Garnier micellar waters in this post. After spotting the Nivea Sensitive 3in1 Micellar Cleansing Water in the aisles of superdrug, I thought I'd give it a try to see how it fares. To my knowledge its a fairly new release and not one I've heard much about so I really had no idea what to expect.
Micellar water is a non rinse makeup remover/cleanser. Personally, I don't think they offer much benefit to the skin so I prefer to use them as a makeup remover and then follow with a separate cleanser. The Nivea Sensitive 3in1 Micellar Cleansing Water aims to help protect against redness, tightness and dryness - the three main signs of sensitive skin. Its also paraben, colourant and fragrance free too. I consider myself to have borderline sensitive skin. I'm ok using the majority of products but now and again I find something that completely irritates my skin really easily. Luckily, the nivea micellar isn't one of those products. In fact, its a really gentle and ultra light water. In comparison to other micellar waters, this is easily the lightest formula, however I find you need to use more of it to remove your makeup. With the Bioderma Micellar waters, I only need to use a few cotton pads to remove my makeup fully, whereas with this you need to use a lot more.
The water feels very gentle and soothing on the skin, with no sticky or tacky feeling after use. Its also gentle on the eye area too. As I've said, makeup removal is so-so as the formula is thinner than other brands I've tried. My skin felt fresh and hydrated after use but for me, this isn't the best water on the market. The Nivea Micellar Water retails for £4.09 at Superdrug (I did buy mine on offer though) for 200ml. I don't wear heavy makeup on a daily basis but a bottle of this only lasted me a week, whereas a bottle of the Garnier micellar water is 400ml for £4.99 and obviously lasts much longer. I wouldn't repurchase the Nivea version due to that reason and both the Garnier and Bioderma waters feel just as gentle on the skin.

Have you tried any micellar waters?


17 comments

  1. I'd be so disappointed if this only lasted me a week! I have the Garnier water, I'm still surprised by how good it is considering it looks like a bottle of water haha!
    Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only tried the bioderma but don't think I would re-purchase as theres so many more that are readily available now! x

    Taslima | The little things in life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes theres so many more available x

      Delete
  3. Another micellar water! I really love the Garnier one, so far my favorite!

    xx
    Ana Leote

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12.5.14

    How can you use up a 200ml bottle in a week? I'm using a 200ml bottle of l'oreal micellar and that's kept me going for two months and I don't wear heavy makeup but do wear some most days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the formula of this is really thin so you need to use more - I've also used the L'oreal one and that lasted much longer :)

      Delete
  5. I really wanna try this or the Loreal one xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another one to try... Actually, I am beginning to get lost in this micellar world...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know Nivea had a micellar water, I'm glad I've read this as I'd have been tempted if I'd seen it in store, but not if it only lasted a week!!

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah this sounds so lovely and soothing but a week?! That's insane! What a massive disappointment xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've tried the L'oreal micellar water and just the Nivea one it ran out quicker than I had hoped. Might give the Garnier a try after reading this!
    The Nivea water sounds so nice but running out after a week is ridiculous :O
    Katie xx
    Too Many Freckles

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this stuff, not quite as much as the Bioderma or Garnier alternatives, but it is great, I found my bottle lasted around two weeks. The Avene cleanence cleansing water is amazing!

    makeupbyjesswhitbread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another micellar water! Shame it only lasted 3 seconds!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh that's such a shame it doesn't last very long! I really like Nivea as a brand but I'm not the biggest fan of micellar waters, I hate faffing around with cotton pads!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I see this water all other blogs, but still not ready to try it. Just bought Nivea Refreshing Moosse and it's nice. Maybe I'm strange but I prefer soap and exfoliating glove rather than all those fancy facial washers :)
    Still maybe in UK I'll try smth from those waters :) Thank you for your review.
    Hugs!
    Vanessa Key

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo