Out Of My Comfort Zone...

beauty_blog

In the beauty world, theres bound to be something that you would normally never pay attention to. Reading a lot of beauty blogs opens my eyes to all kinds of trends and products that I wouldn't usually consider but change is good and sometimes you just need a little push to try new things.
Bright eyeshadows aren't usually my thing - I'm a neutral girl at heart but a bit of colour is easier to do in summer. Sleek eyeshadow palettes  are my favourite for bright shades. As I don't wear these shades a lot I didn't really want to splash out but Sleek's palettes are not only good value but highly pigmented too. Now, I don't go overboard with colour - my makeup application skills are fairly limited but using a damp liner brush with a colourful shade and applying as an eyeliner is a nice way to add a fun, bright shade without being too over the top. Speaking of brighter shades, when it comes to nail polish I've used a variety of colours over the years. I blame my local chemist selling 50p nail varnishes when I was young, so I used to buy every kind of shade going. One shade, I've never worn much is yellow. I spotted a Revlon Colorstay Nail Polish in buttercup in poundworld and figured for a pound I'd give it a try, especially as this shade retails for £7.99 in boots. Though I haven't given this a try yet, its a shade I will be cracking out in summer. Buttercup is a pale yellow,that reminds me of sunshine and long summer days. Its definitely the kind of colour that makes you feel happy!

From one shade to another, nude lips aren't something I wear that often. I always worry that it will wash me out or it will give me 'concealer lips' but the new Maybelline Colorsens Nude Lipstick in tantalizing taupe looked like a shade I might be able to pull off. Tantalizing taupe is a nude with a hint of pink, which I think is why it suits my complexion more than a regular nude. This is also a good quality lipstick - good pigmentation, creamy and lasts for a few hours. Finally, a mention to a product I didn't think I would be buying anytime soon - tinted moisturiser. In my younger years, I went through a phase of wearing Hard Candy's tinted moisturiser in sugar cookie until it was discontinued. Since then I've stuck to foundations, though I have used lighter formulations, such as Revlon Nearly Naked but seeing good reviews of the Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser made me want to give a try. This stuff has slightly more coverage than your average tinted moisturiser. Don't get me wrong, its still a light base and concealer is required but it helps to even out your skintone and provide a glowy complexion. Its not the best for oily skin - blotting is definitely required but on days where heavy coverage isn't needed than this is a nice option. I'll have a full review soon.

21 comments

  1. I love that Poundworld stock Revlon!! Sweet music to my ears........pretty shade...

    http://vodkaandarose.blogpost.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of the brighter Sleek eyeshadow palettes, but I'd definitely never have the confidence to pull any of the shades off! I do love that yellow nail polish though.

    Catherine, xo | Lady Liquor Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Sleek palette has lovely colours! Yellow is such a hard colour to shop for - would love to know how bright it is without a white undercoat x

    <a href="http://www.thegirlcalledjay.co.uk/>The Girl Called Jay</a>

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a pastel yellow nail polish too that I'm thinking of bringing out, I'm not too sure how it's going to look though... xxx

    Verity | Life of Verity

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sleek palettes are amazing! I own two and I love them! xx Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
  6. This palette looks amazee!! I would never be able to pull it off though.
    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Revlon nail varnish is gorgeous! A perfect colour for spring!

    makeupbyjesswhitbread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a neutrals girls are the way too, but find that the warmer months I can get away with brighter color. Love that revlon polish. I love the nars tinted moisturizer, I think its perfect for spring/summer.

    xo Franchesca |City Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
  9. That pastel yellow nail polish color is so gorgeous!
    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  10. That eyeshadow palette is beautiful! Definitely out of my comfort zone, too :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. That Buttercup nail polish looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That palette reminds me of the Urban Decay Electric palette, perfect for spring and summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Nars Tinted Moisturiser sound so good! xx

    A Little Treat | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love bright colours in Spring and Summer and that nail polish is stunning. Definitely going to mosey on down to Poundworld for that! xx

    Katy | Little Miss Katy

    ReplyDelete
  15. That Sleek Palette is stunning! I love color so it's totally up my alley x

    ReplyDelete
  16. The palette looks amazing! And I'm not used to wear yellow on my nails but that Revlon nail polish is such a beautiful shade!

    Inês xo

    ipeachycoral.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been trying to add a bit of colour to my eye makeup routine too! I really love purple eyeliner with neutral eyeshadow for a summery look :-)

    www.makeupmountain.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really want to try the NARS Tinted moisturiser, I think it would be the perfect base for the summer months.

    P.xx
    GreyWalls

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for this lovely post!
    Grat products and the palette is wonderful!
    With lovely shades!
    Have a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That nail polish colour is beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo