Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Blusher Review

soap_glory_blush

As Boots seems to be my second home, its no surprise that I've made a few discoveries in the past few weeks. Soap & Glory isn't a brand I've purchased many cosmetics from. In fact I've only used their eye primer but I have a feeling thats about to change...
I spotted their new blusher and decided to give it a go as its not a product I've heard anything about. Usually, you hear about new products weeks they go on sale but with this one, nada!
There are three shades of Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Blusher available. I went with Pinker Belle - a bright medium coral pink. These retail for £9 but are currently on offer for buy one get one half price. These blushes are in chubby pencil form - I'm guessing this is going to be a trend, what with lip and eyeshadow pencil being incredibly popular right now.

soap_glory_sexy_mother_blusher

The packaging is pretty much basic but the blush is a twist up pencil so its very easy to use.
The blush itself is extremely creamy and highly pigmented. I was a bit unsure how to apply at first but its actually really easy. I apply straight from the tube to my cheeks and blend in with a sigma buffing brush.
It blends beautifully, leaving a natural flush of colour. Its not completely matte but not dewy either. I'd compare it to a cheek stain once its blended in.

soap_glory_sexy_mother_blusher_pinker_belle_swatch

I've been using this blush every day since I purchased it and I'm pretty much obsessed - can you be obsessed with a blusher?!
I love that it doesn't feel greasy, it lasts all day (even on my oily skin) and is easy to remove. Its the perfect blush stick. Having never used this type of blush before, I'm completely converted. The swatch is applied heavier than I would normally wear but with these you can use less or more depending on your skin tone. It looks so natural so you don't really need to worry too much about application. I would 100% recommend these. I'm fairly certain I will be buying the other two shades - if you're after a treat next time you're in boots than this is the one!

Twitter | Bloglovin | Google +

15 comments

  1. That's such a lovely colour!

    books-and-memories.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this before but it looks and sounds noooice! I think Berry Jamm would be right up my street.

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous shade! I've never used blush sticks but this one seems to be a really great product! xx
    http://marybloomy.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I saw these in Boots the other week but there were no testers at all! This looks like a really nice shade :)
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the look and sound of this blusher! Thanks for sharing :) xo

    Natalie | Shabby Chic and Tea♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you can apply it with a crayon rather than dipping your fingers into a pot! I haven't tried much by Soap and Glory, but this looks amazing.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This to me looked a little scary looking in the tube, but the shade is actually really pretty Swatched. X

    Kate | A British Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very pretty!

    Stephanie
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3436251
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. How come I didn´t see this one in Boots.. Probably because it´s a new release but still. This sounds very good, beautiful color too x

    WOMANOUK (beauty and portrait drawings)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a perfect summer shade. I do like S&G but somehow their stand always looks super messy and empty when I go...

    WOMANOUK (beauty and portrait drawings)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colour x


    www.esttrill.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw these in Boots and was tempted but I wasn’t 100% sure so I opted for the powder blusher instead, which is really pretty!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh I love these kinds of blushers! I have one of the newish no7 ones. I love the look of this. xx

    Kate | raspberrycheeks

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the sound of this blush, I'm yet to try any face products from Soap and Glory. I do love the Sexy Mother Pucker gloss sticks though so maybe I need to add this to my wishlist too. You're going to cost me a fortune if you keep reviewing this brand lol.
    www.thevegantaff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo