The Hit List...

beauty_blog

Hello again!I hope your all enjoying the weather and the weekend. I intend to make the most of the bank holiday. I've been a bit slack on posting this week but sometimes you need to take a step back to feel motivated again. That and I've also been working hard on a new project and enjoying the products I bought from MAC's aquatic collection (you can see that post here).
Today, I wanted to give a mention to three products I've been absolutely loving lately. These are all products that work really well and have pretty much blown me away. First up, I've been using a new night cream for the past few weeks. Since turning thirty, a night cream has been pretty much staple in my skincare routine - I need a cream that's going to tackle those first signs of ageing, such as fine lines. Thats where Ren's V-Cense Revitalising Night Cream* comes in. I haven't used many Ren products before (heads up - theres a free Ren hot cloth cleanser with next months instyle magazine) so I'm not overly familiar with the brand but Ren pride themselves on offering clean skincare (without parabens, mineral oil, sulfates and the like) and groundbreaking formulations. The V-Cense Revitalising Night Cream tackles the first signs of ageing and fatigue, evens skin tone and hydrates. For me, it does all these things and more. After a few weeks, my skin feels so much plumper, with the skin around my jaw feeling firmer. This night cream has a pump bottle, which is so much more hygienic than your average pot. As a germaphobe, I love pump bottles!When its dispensed, the cream reminds me of a body lotion as its quite thick but it soaks in fairly quickly and doesn't leave behind any residue. As well as helping to smooth fine lines, it also keeps my skin feeling moisturised and I really think it would work well on the majority of skin types, even sensitive due to the formula not being too heavy or filled with 'nasty' ingredients.
A makeup product I've loved since I very first purchased it is the Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Powder in candlelight. I got mine in a gift set but I think the actual compact doesn't come with a brush anymore. Celestial powder is a finely milled highlighting powder in a light golden beige shade. This is by far, the best highlighter I've ever used - its smooth, soft, delivers a gorgeous glow and wears well throughout the day. You can really get a subtle radiant finish with a small dusting of powder or build it up for extra sheen. Its pricey but worth splurging out for in my opinion, especially if you love wearing highlighter on a regular basis.
Finally, a hair product I use every day is the Phyto Keratine Reparative Serum for damaged ends. This creamy serum can be used before or after styling to reconstruct and hydrate hair ends. It contains keratin and hyaluronic acid to add strength and shine.I like to use this on the very ends of my hair as this is where my hair is the most dryest and damaged. Its such a brilliant product for restoring hair back to health - my hair feels stronger, I have less split ends and as the texture is lightweight, I can also use it as a smoothing cream. I managed to find this in TK Maxx for a fiver and I'm gutted I didn't buy a backup but I will repurchase as full price as its made a real difference since I started using it.

Have you tried any of these?

13 comments

  1. Definitely need to try some REN products, maybe I'll pick up the inStyle magazine as have wanted to try a hot cloth cleanser for a while. The Celestial powder sounds lovely.

    Kristy | http://itsablondiiething.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely post!
    looks like great products!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to bother you and i know you must get an awful lot of these but your blog shouldn't be so perfect! I've recently started my own blog, and I'm struggling on how to make the links pictures. For example you instagram link is the logo of instagram and your twitter link is the logo of twitter? How do you do that? x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just look up social media icons on google and you will find loads of ones you can use on your blog - most of them are free. Then you just need to install them on the sidebar - I have a mini tutorial on my html tips that shows you the coding needed xx

      Delete
  4. love the sound of these products! I really want to make a few purchases from Ren I have loved trying their products before, everything smells amazing! Thanks for sharing :) xo

    Natalie | Shabby Chic and Tea♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've fallen in love with pretty much every REN product I've tried and the ClearCalm replenishing cream serum stuff is currently a staple in my morning routine. I think the night cream you mention replaces the old frankincense version which I got a sample of - if they are the same then I totally understand your love for it! Absolute top product has to be the glycolactic mask as it exfoliates so well but it's so gentle and it smells absolutely yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to try the Kevyn powder <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really need to try some REN products :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh the highlighter looks so incredibly beautiful! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These will be going on my want list for next month! Lovely post!

    http://amorofbeauty.blogspot.co.uk xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo