5 Minute Summer Makeup

minimal-makeup

On a hot summers day, I rarely want to do a full face of makeup. I want a simple and light base thats quick and easy to apply. With only a few products, I can do my makeup in around five minutes.

To start with, I apply the Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser instead of a foundation (you can read my review here). The Pure Radiant TM is a super light base with just enough coverage to even the complexion. On a good skin day, I wont need to conceal but if I've got a few blemishes then I'll use a quick dab of concealer. With my oily complexion, I need to blot, especially with a light base. I really like the Loreal Nude Magique BB Powder as it doesn't oxidise, look caked on or feel too heavy either. It controls oil pretty well but the compact also has a mirror and sponge inside so its handy for using on the go.
As I'm completely pale, I like to add a bit of blush so I look a little more radiant. I've really been loving the Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Blusher (reviewed here). This is so easy to use, you can just dab on and blend in with your fingers. It gives a nice, natural looking flush and stays put, which is a huge plus point in the summer heat.

On a lazy day, I'll skip eyeshadow and just add a slick of mascara. I love the MeMeMe Dark & Divine Mascara* - seriously, one of the best highstreet mascaras ever!It lengthens, volumises and adds definition to my lashes. I also like their Arch Angel* which is a double ended wand for brows. For adding a bit of shape and colour to my brows, I use the tinted gel definer. At the other end is a creamy highlighter, which I dot on under my brows to lift and define.

In hot weather, I love a bit of lipgloss. My most recent gloss purchase is the Maybelline Elixir Colorsensational Lip Colour in breathtaking apricot. These aren't available as yet in the UK but I managed to find a UK ebay seller here. I didn't think much of the formula at first but I've since realised that less is more. The formula is thick and pigmented so you only need to use a small amount but as its on the thicker and slightly sticky side, it lasts longer than my usual lipgloss. Breathtaking apricot is a gorgeous shade - it looks brighter on the photo than in real life where its more of a warm pink shade. 


*press sample

16 comments

  1. Lovely selection of products :) I really want to try out the new Soap & Glory blushers, will go and read your review now! xx

    belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) its a lovely blush :)

      Delete
  2. What?! I didn't know that powder existed! I've gotta try it!
    Kallie - But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its such a good powder :)

      Delete
  3. The Loreal powder is my favourite at the minute, one of the few that actually helps to control oil. I love how lightweight it is too. I really want to try one of the Soap & Glory blushes, that shade looks gorgeous.

    JordanAlice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its a lovely powder, the blushes are so good for the price x

      Delete
  4. Terrific picks. I especially like the apricot Maybelline lip colour. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love the Maybelline lip colour. I want to try the NARS minted moisturizer though

    themiasalazar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to try this NARS moisturiser!

    x Rose
    http://crumbliest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its a good one to have :)

      Delete
  7. the lipstick looks great.

    style-mepretty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its nicer than I expected x

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo