5 Quick & Easy SEO Tips For Bloggers

5-seo-tips-for-bloggers

In one of my recent posts - how to promote your blog posts, I talked about how to get your blog out there. One aspect I didn't talk about was seo or search engine optimisation. To put it simply, seo basically relates to where your blog is placed in search engine results. I've read hundreds of articles on seo and I'm still finding my feet so I'm no expert but I've picked up a few tips that may help improve boost your search engine placement and thus improve your stats.


1. Content is Important
Your content is extremely important when it comes to blogging. Generally Google considers more 'meaty' content to be more valuable then say a few words here and there. However, bare in mind your readers - what posts are most popular, what are you're strengths in writing? Try adding more depth to posts such as reviews (I need to do this) and use your knowledge of beauty/fashion etc. Update regularly to bring fresh content to your readers and use keywords (see below).

2. Using Keywords
Putting the right keywords in your blog posts can really boost where your blog and posts appear in a search engine. Googles Adwords is a great tool to use in order to see what people are searching for. Knowing what keywords are popular and relevant to your content enables you to use those keywords to your benefit.  Its better to use keywords that aren't overly popular in order to appear higher up in the search results. Using these keywords 2/3 times within your blog post and in the title and first paragraph of your blog post text can help optimise your blog.

3. Use Appropriate Headings
Using terms in your blog post title that can be easily searchable in google and the like allows for better seo. So for example, instead of 'new makeup' you could use '5 amazing new beauty buys for summer'. Basically anything that relates to what people might be searching for s a good way to boost your post.

4. Name Your Images
Google finds images in the image search results so naming your photos correctly will boost whereabouts they are seen in the search results. For example, instead of IMG_200.jpg use a title relevant to your blog post so a review on rimmel foundation for instance, could have an image titled rimmel-wake-me-up-foundation-review.jpg

5. Use Links
Getting your link on a website with high ranking adds value to your blog. Getting your links to posts out on social media is a good start as is guest posting on other blogs.
Using links to other blog posts you've written can also help - linking back to posts on similar topics is one way to do this.

This is just a basic introduction to seo. There are seriously hundreds of articles out there which go into further detail. If you're wanting to improve your blogs search ranking then I'd definitely recommend spending an hour or two reading up on them.



28 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this, I found it really useful as I'm clueless about all this stuff! :) x

    CatherineSarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic tips. I learned these after I started working at a social media marketing/ SEO company. It was then I realized I'd been doing blogging wrong for 2.5 years! I've seen more results in these last 6 months once I spruced up my SEO habits. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few improvements can definitely work x

      Delete
  3. nice post, I never knew about the image names! good tips - i'll have to use these! please check out my bloglovin'? :-) http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12285285

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent post, thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an interesting and helpful post! I'll definitely bare these tips in mind.

    Faye x
    Sugar Spun Sisters - A blog about clothes, cosmetics & coeliac disease

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super duper awesome tips. When I start feeling like I'm getting a hang of SEO, I find out something new that completely throws me. Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great post for the likes of me! Just the other day I was bummed with some of my images not popping up adequately in searches! Thanks so much for solving that for me! :-)


    TheConscienceFund| Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great post! I've started naming my photos and I think it does help, especially with the organisation on my memory card haha!
    www.peachy-milk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for this post! So easy to read and understand. I'm still so new to all this so it's good to have a little help here and there.

    Jo xx

    She Wears Burgundy

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are really great tips, definitely something that I don't know much about but it's so important if you want to build up your audience and traffic. Thanks!xx

    Jade | skinsweet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tips. I find these very helpful, thanks for sharing!

    www.beautysblessings.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much!

    www.yourdoseofcoffee.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great information thanks for sharing :)

    https://loveonceuponadream.blogspot.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab tips! I never knew about the image names, will definitely be naming them correctly in future. Thanks :)

    xoxo

    Sweetheart Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  15. SO helpful, thank you! I'm still getting to grips with this side of blogging x

    alicered.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing this, great tips I'll be using :-)
    Life inside the Locket

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo