Clinique Long Last Soft Matte Lipstick in Mandarin

clinique-matte-mandarin

You know when you spy a new beauty product and you have to snap it up. Thats how I felt about the new Clinique Long Last Soft Matte Lipsticks. I first saw these over on The Sunday Girl and they sounded like the type of lip product I've been waiting for.

The Clinique lipsticks have been three years in the making in order to create a matte formula that's comfortable and hydrating to wear. Having naturally dry lips, I struggle to find lipsticks that are hydrating. Usually, I slick a bit of lipbalm before applying my lipstick but with matte lips being a massive trend this year, my goal has been to find a comfortable matte lip product.

So when I heard these were being released and they had the seal of approval from Adrienne, I decided to purchase one in the shade mandarin. I ordered directly from Clinique with free shipping and two deluxe free samples which is pretty impressive. At £18 a pop they feel like a treat product but definitely worth the splurge.

The matte formula feels almost velvety on the lips. It feels comfortable to wear and it doesn't dry out the lips. Mandarin is an orange toned red and is highly pigmented - you literally only need one swipe over the lips and your good to go. I havent worn this lippie when eating or drinking but I've wore it for a few hours at weekend (theres a picture on my instagram somewhere of me wearing it if you're curious to see what it looks like on!) and it didnt budge!

clinique-swatch

For a matte lipstick, the formula is a dream. Its exactly the formula I've been looking for. I love the packaging too. When you pay a bit of money for a product you do want it to look special and this does - the silver casing feels sleek and modern. Id wholeheartedly purchase more shades in this formula. If you like a matte finish then this is one lipstick that's worth buying!


7 comments

  1. Ooh these sound great! Love the colour of Mandarin xxx

    www.secretsofarose.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colour looks really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this shade, I'm so desperate to try these lipsticks out!
    Recently Posted by Claudia Fox|Maybelline Fit Me Concealer

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely shade ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been seeing a lot about these lately, the pigmentation looks great!

    CassandraMyee | Beauty | Fashion | Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. This colour is gorgeous! I love that it doesn't budge, I always get really paranoid that my lipstick is going to come off!

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty coral colour :)

    http://books-and-memories.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo