Love Me Beauty Box | June 2014

love-me-beauty-box

Today, I picked up my Love Me Beauty Box from the Post Office, hence why this review is so late in the month. I say it every month but these posts always seem to come around so quickly. This month is also Love Me Beauty's first birthday so lets see whats inside the box.


love-me-beauty-june-2014

Just to recap, every month, Love Me Beauty offers three beauty boxes with a variation on products so you can choose the box which suits you best. Unlike a few other beauty box brands, you know exactly which items you're going to be receiving. Although this takes away the surprise element, you know what you're spending your money on and everyone gets offered the same three boxes.

This month, I chose edition 1* which includes the following:

Model Co Shine Ultra Lip Gloss in Fairy Floss (full size - £12)
A light pink gloss - I love that theres a mirror on the side of the tube!I do love a lipgloss so I'm happy to see this included in here.

NYX Nail Polish in Winter (full size - £3)
I've tried a few NYX products but never used their nail polish. Winter is a shimmery pink shade which I'm not overly keen on but maybe it will look better on the nails than in the bottle.

Montagne Jeunesse Brazilian Mud Masque (full size - £1)
I havent used this brand for years so I'm really interested to try this clay masque. 

Beauty UK Shadow Palette in Earth (full size -  £3.99)
The size of this is much smaller than I was expecting but nevertheless the shades look very wearable. I've seen a few mixed reviews on these palettes so I'm eager to see how it performs.

Urban Veda Purifying Day Cream (deluxe sample)
I'm not familiar with this brand but the purifying day cream is a light, hydrating cream with witch hazel to tone and mattify. My skin is a little crazy at the moment so hopefully this will work well.

Bonus
A £10 off voucher for Flavourly Box.

Overall, I like this months box, though I cant help feeling that the value of products has decreased recently. However, my personal preference is that I prefer this months box over last months and I'll definitely be giving everything a go. The flavourly voucher is a nice extra though its only half price off a box, which still seems a bit expensive and probably not something I will try. Whilst I like the contents of this box, I do think theres a lack of wow factor recently. As its love me beauty's first birthday, I think it could have been made a bit more special in my opinion. 

You can find out more about love me beauty and subscribing here

*press sample



10 comments

  1. looks like you actually got some lovely things, I'm just now starting to get back into subscription services x
    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. theres some nice things in here x

      Delete
  2. Lovely post, you got some lovely things!
    xprincessjas | xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you actually get to choose what you're buying with these boxes. Stops you from wasting money on something you would never use!
    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah thats a good thing x

      Delete
  4. I said pretty much the same thing about this months love me beauty box - that it was ok but nothing wow. And that compared to this months Birchbox & Glossybox it was distinctly lacking

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not bad, but Birchbox certainly trumped them this month!

    Stephanie
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3436251
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo