Most Loved in June


June seems to have whizzed by but its probably been the best month so far for beauty related purchases.
Theres been a lot of gooood beauty products this month - this post could have been a long one so I've had to limit it.


On the skincare front, I've been using one or two new items but I still need to use them a bit longer for review purposes. I don't like mentioning skincare on here until I've really tested it out. A while back, I received some mini bioderma samples from Escentual. There was one or two I really like but I opted for buying the full size version of the Sebium Global Intensive Purifying Care, which is a treatment/moisturiser for blemished skin. I've had a few blemishes this month and using this has really helped to clear my skin. I like to use it as my morning moisturiser/make up base. Its very light, has a fresh scent and soaks in quickly. Its also meant to fade scarring, which I'm not too sure if it does but it does seem to tone down the redness of any blemishes and sooth them. This stuff is also meant to eliminate blackheads which I cant say I've noticed a difference with but for oily/combination skin with small blemishes then its one worth having in your skincare collection.

For makeup, I've narrowed my favourites down to the Beauty UK Brow Kit* - you can see my full review here. Trust me this kit is incredible for the price. Theres three shades in here plus a clear brow wax but I just stick to the medium shade. Used with my sigma brow brush, it creates the most perfect brow shape, more precise than I can achieve with a pencil. Most importantly, the powder stays put all day without fading. For a high street brand, its definitely the best brow powder I've tried. 

A new lip product of mine is the Maybelline Colorsensational Elixir Gloss in breathtaking apricot, which I bought from ebay here. I'm hoping these launch in the UK as I'd like one or two more shades. For a gloss, breathtaking apricot is extremely pigmented. You only need a swipe, otherwise it can feel sticky and heavy. The lasting power isn't that great as is the case with glosses but it feels really hydrating and breathtaking apricot is a gorgeous peachy pink.

With the weather being up and down this month, I've been switching between bases -  a light base in the form of Nars pure radiant tinted moisturiser and Revlon Colorstay Foundation for extra coverage and oil control. I always end up going back to Revlon Colorstay, it seems to be my ultimate makeup staple and for oil control its hard to beat. When its a hot day, I need a base that isn't going melt off my face by lunchtime and this is one of the few that stays put. I like that its buildable coverage, meaning I can just use a small amount for light coverage. For £12.50, its money well spent!


15 comments

  1. The Bioderma product seems amazing <3
    KKKIRANXOXO
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that Sebium Global helped you. I've had terrible allergy after using it.
    Foaming gel from Bioderma is very nice. It washes off all make up and skin after feels very soft and clean. Maybe you'll like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good choice of favourites!! I think the Beauty UK Brow Kit is the only brow kit I haven't tried so think I might have to pick it up finally!!

    Chels x
    http://chelsella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Maybelline Color Elixirs! Awesome favorites post! Xx

    http://xoxomeaghan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colour elixirs look stunning! Thank you for sharing the link, they're almost half the price online than they are here in Australia!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Defiantly need to pick up some new foundation and I have been gravitating towards the Revlon line. I received a couple of the Colorsensational Elixir Glosses and haven’t really given them a proper go yet!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love colour stay too! Easily the best drugstore foundation I've ever tried.

    Kathleen @ Made In The 1990's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm dying to try the Maybelline Elixir glosses but I'm waiting until I go to the US. I love the sound of breathtaking apricot but it's such a shame about the lasting power... if only they were more like a lacquer xxx

    Verity | Life of Verity

    ReplyDelete
  9. I recently just tried out Revlon ColourStay Foundation and I love it wish I tried it before.

    P.xx
    GreyWalls

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Maybelline gloss is SO pretty!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to try the brow kit :)

    http://glassow.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really want to try that Revlon foundation for the summer!! Great post :) Here are my June Faves! http://thelondonturtle.com/2014/07/01/my-june-favorites/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. HOLY MOLY that Maybelline Colorsensational Elixir Gloss is stunning *heads over to eBay* :) xx

    www.girluninterpreted.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm gonna have to try revlon colorstay, so many people have said its great coverage and good oil control

    Jade x
    Beauty Butterfly | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo