New Beauty Products | The Hits & Misses

new-beauty-products-2014
Apologies for the terrible photo quality 

I'm always on the lookout for new beauty releases. Theres been a slew of new products over the past month or two. I usually pop into boots and superdrug every weekend to see what new products have arrived in store so I've picked up a few things and thought I would give a run down on the good and not so good.

The Hits

Soap & Glory are a brand I'm new to in terms of makeup. I picked up their new sexy mother blusher, which I reviewed in this post and I'm pleasantly surprised. Its highly pigmented, easy to blend and long lasting. A really lovely product. Another blush I've been loving is the Clinique Cheek Pop. I picked up the shade plum pop, which is a blue toned pink. In the pan, cheek pops feel like a cream texture but once applied, feel more like a powder. Its an interesting but great formula thats long wearing and pigmented. Despite being a bright shade, plum pop looks really natural on and would work well on a range of skin tones.

For lips, I love the new Clinique Long Last Soft Matte Lipstick in mandarin - you can find the review and swatch here. Its the perfect matte formula and the shade is just gorgeous. Any lover of matte lips should take at look at these lippies as they are everything you could want!

Despite not being a new product as such, I recently purchased two Maybelline Color Tattoos from the new Dare To Go Nude line. I think these shades are only available overseas so I had to resort to ebay to get these but I managed to find a UK seller selling them. I picked up the shades pure nude and nude compliment. I didn't really need any more nude shadows but I love a good cream formula and these are Good!I don't if its just me but the formula seems better on these than the original shades - they last longer and feel creamier with less slip. These don't crease either and the fact that they stay put on my oily lids is a huge plus point. I bought mine from this seller.

Shower gel isn't really a product you can get overly excited about but I do have my preferred brands and Organic Surge is one of them. I've used several of their shower gels over the years and I've most recently been using the new Superfresh Awakening Body Wash*. I found this variant to foam more than their other shower gels but it rinses off just as easily and leaves my skin feeling cleansed and super soft. I really like the citrus scent too - if feels so fresh and summery!!

The OK

I've said before how I struggle to find good mascaras on the high street and the Rimmel Kate Moss Mascara is no exception. Now its by no means a bad mascara but for me its just very average. It lengthens but I find it lacks volume and definition. I bought the shade sapphire as I've been wanting to try a coloured mascara but as my lashes are naturally dark, it only really adds a slight blue tint to them. 

The Misses

Another stick blush I've tried out is the NYC BB Beautifying Blendable Blush. Despite the low price tag and the promise of glowing cheeks in two easy strokes, this really isn't much to rave about. The pigmentation is so-so, I find I need to apply several strokes to build up a decent colour. The texture is also quite difficult to blend. The finish isn't particularly glowy either - the colour looks natural but it more of a satin finish than a glow. This had potential to be something good but sadly it falls short.

Sometimes when I'm in Boots or Superdrug, I'll spy a new release and pop it into my basket without thinking ha. The Barry M Cor Balmy Lip Balm was such a product. I don't need anymore lip balms but these looked cute and I do like a tinted balm. Whilst these add a tint of colour, they also feel really greasy on the lips. The texture just feels really yucky and the smells is really synthetic too. A real miss in my eyes!

Have you tried any of these products?


21 comments

  1. I love clinique skincare but don't have many of their make-up products, i should definitely try the cheek pop xx
    Lauraslittleloves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to try more clinique skincare x

      Delete
  2. I love maybelline color tattoos. I want to add the taupe shade to my collection in the near time. I dont think I have ever tried anything from NYC besides nail polish. For whatever reason, the brand just does not appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NYC have a few nice products - I like the setting powder x

      Delete
  3. I really want to try the Clinique Matte lipstick, I've been looking for something that wouldn't dry my lips out so much, would you suggest it's good for that? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont find it drying at all :)

      Delete
  4. The Clinique cheek pops are much awaited here in India! They are so pretty! I might pick a few in Spain though! Lovely post!

    TheConscienceFund

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been trying to resist the new BarryM lipbalms as I really don't need any more & after hearing you're review Im glad I haven't given in to temptation. I will be giving is a miss too.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really not very good :)

      Delete
  6. Love the packaging of the Clinique blush x
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find it really annoying that Maybelline seem to only have the nude cream eye shadows overseas so I think I'll have to resort to ebay to; but fingers crossed they bring them to the UK!
    Sarah x
    http://www.saraheliza.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah its such a shame as they would be really popular here x

      Delete
  8. Ive been seeing some popups of the sexy motherpucker blushes! Need! x


    BerrieBlogs {beauty and lifestyle blog}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. deffo worth checking out x

      Delete
  9. I really want to try some of the Clinique cheek pops, they have some gorgeous shades!
    xprincessjas | xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait for them to bring out more colours in the Maybelline line, the colour tattoos are some of my favourite shadows of all time!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it would be great to see more shades :)

      Delete
  11. I had a look at the new Soap & Glory blusher but it didn't really take my fancy. I did however buy one of their new Kick Ass concealer crayons and I'm really liking that x

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!I read every comment and try to respond.If you have a question you can also email me or tweet me @sweetelectric xoxo